More painless than stainless
- Stainless Nickel Content Said To Be Declining. // Supply House Times;Jun2007, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p22
The article reports on the increase of nickel prices which lead buyers of austenitic stainless steels to seek alternative grades or materials. The British global steel analyst firm MEPS has noted that there were five consecutive annual rises of nickel prices since 2001 and predicted 2007 to be...
- Contractors cautious over steel prices. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;3/8/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 436, p20
Describes the effect of the price increase for stainless steel on engineering contractors in 2004. Statistics on stainless steel prices; Reason for the price increase; Actions taken by contractors.
- BULL MARKET FOR METALS--PRICES SKYROCKETING. // American Machinist;Aug2006, Vol. 150 Issue 8, p11
The article reports on the increase in the prices of metal in the U.S. in the first half of 2006. The factors which contributed to the increased prices include increased cost for fuels and logistics. There has been an increase in the price of brass as well as stainless steel. Universal Stainless...
- Integrateds Reveal Box Price Increase Plans. // Official Board Markets;8/4/2012, Vol. 88 Issue 31, p1
The article reports on the plan of integrated box manufacturers in the U.S. to raise the prices of boxes and sheets.
- Transacted Containerboard Prices. // Official Board Markets;2/12/2011, Vol. 87 Issue 7, p1
The article offers information on the price increase of containerboards per short ton which depends on the agreement between the seller and the purchaser.
- Minding the Metals. Babyak, Richard // Appliance Design;Mar2007, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p5
The article comments on the effect of the increasing prices of nickel and other metals on foodservice appliance makers. It claims that some manufacturers are using faux stainless effects involving platings and coatings to reduce their reliance on stainless steel. It cites the efforts of...
- MEPS Sees Steel Prices Going Up. // Supply House Times;Oct2009, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p18
The article reports on the forecast made by British metal research firm MEPS on the rising prices of steel worldwide. The company anticipated that stainless steel prices will increase in 2010 after experiencing steep declines, thus, it urges the sector to have a gradual upturn of these items...
- Metaled Affairs. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;11/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p22
Discusses the challenge posed by stainless steel price increases in 2004 to foodservice equipment price forecasting. Incident which led to the occurrence of disruptions with the supply of stainless; Growth experienced by stainless producing mills; Projections for the metal market in 2005.
- Dross developing on immersed hardware. Y. Hardy; M. Dubois; J.-J. Bertrandie; H. Saint-Raymond // Revue de MÃ©tallurgie;Jul2007, Vol. 2007 Issue 7/8, p354
Dross growing on immersed rolls is responsible for defects on the galvanised strip. It is essential to identify the mechanism of this accumulation on immersed hardware. An industrial approach has been followed: stainless steel samples (316L) were set up at several locations on the moving rolls...