Volvo investing in truck facility in Russia
- Volvo to invest in Renault cab production in France. // Trailer / Body Builders;Aug2007, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p17
The article reports on the decision of the board of directors of AB Volvo to invest in Renault Trucks' cab plant in Blainville, France. It states that the decision is made to increase the capacity of both assembly and painting. It claims that the investment will make it possible to manufacture...
- FMX cab stands out from crowd. // Motor Transport;6/20/2011, p14
The article focuses on the FMX Chassis cab from Volvo, which was featured at the Tip-ex 2011 show in Great Britain.
- Winning combination. Morgan, M.D. // Overdrive;May96, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p58
Focused on the results of a test drive for Volvo's 12-liter VE D12 truck. Features include optional engine brake; Standard exhaust brake; Synchronized transmission; Dashboard; Engine; Driving comfort; Safety risks; Comparison with a Detroit Series 60 and Eaton Fuller RTLO 14613 B.
- Inside the all-Volvo combination. // Overdrive;May96, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p60
Features Volvo VE D12 truck. Weight; Optional Volvo Engine Brake; Exhaust brake; Pistons; Headgasket; PTO; Oil plan design to reduce noise; Volvo engines; VT1414 synchromesh transmission; Reducing drag and lube foaming.
- A BETTER DAY AT THE OFFICE. Tuck, Bob // Truck & Driver;Jul2002, p60
Features the FH12.460 Globetrotter XL truck by Volvo in Great Britain. Truck design; Engine performance; Capacity of the vehicle.
- 24 HOURS FROM TULSA. Sheer, Craig // Truck & Driver;Nov2006, p66
The article evaluates the Volvo VT880 6x4 double-drive tractor from Volvo AB, and offers information on the tractor's key features and capabilities.
- Volvo begins construction of truck factory in India. Mukherjee, Sadandanda // Automotive News;5/5/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5711, p42
Reports on AB Volvo's start of construction of a truck factory in Bangalore, India.
- Truck unit losses reduce Volvo operating income. Henry, Jim // Automotive News;10/28/1996, Vol. 71 Issue 5684, p8
Reports on a decrease in the operating results of AB Volvo, North American, resulting from losses in the truck operations. Announced reorganization of Volvo Cars of North American Incorporated; Statistics representing operating income of AB Volvo.
- RUST IN PEACE. // Truck & Driver;Mar2002, p22
Presents a photograph on an F10 and F7 Volvo taken by reader V. Radzynski in 1999.
- Sweden's Volvo enjoys global spike in truck deliveries. // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;2/16/2011, p7
The article reports on the worldwide sales by truck manufacturer AB Volvo for January 2011.