Buyers Products expands distribution center
- Taking control of parts sales. // Trailer / Body Builders;Oct2003, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p62
Focuses on Buyers Products, a company that sells parts and accessories for trucks. History of the company; Description of the company headquarters and distribution center; Capacity of the distribution center.
- Fast and furious. SAUER, BRUCE // Trailer / Body Builders;Oct2013, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p40
The article discusses the process employed by the parts distribution center of Buyers Products, a manufacturer and supplier of a complete line of products for the mobile equipment industry, in Mentor, Ohio in order to quickly manage picking and shipping a thousand orders of a wide variety of...
- Prophet 21 boosts Midwest's services. // Gases & Welding Distributor;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p16
This article reports that Midwest Factory Warehouse, Dayton, upgraded to Prophet 21 CommerceCenter software and reports 75% improved inventory accuracy, 50% reduced purchasing time, and 10% reduced inventory levels as compared to the previous version software. The company chose Prophet 21, a...
- Product platform design: method and application. Simpson, Timothy W.; Maier, Jonathan R. A.; Mistree, Farrokh // Research in Engineering Design;2001, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p2
In this paper we focus on scale-based product families derived from scalable product platforms that can be exploited from both a functional and a manufacturing standpoint to increase the potential benefits of having a common platform. While many companies have been successful with scalable...
- Orem gives okay for 30,000 sq. foot office/warehouse. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;11/30/98, Vol. 28 Issue 23, p2
Announces that the planning commission of the City of Orem, Utah has approved a site for the construction of an office/warehouse. Location; Project architect; General contractor.
- Orem approves office/warehouse development. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;11/30/98, Vol. 28 Issue 23, p4
Announces that the Orem City Planning Commission has approved a site for the construction of an office/warehouse building. Location; Size of the facility.
- Lease Rates Steady, Vacancy Declines in Q1. Ward, Sean // Orange County Business Journal;6/26/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p54
The article reports that the manufacturing and warehousing market remain strong in Orange County, California despite the increase of interest rates and concerns about manufacturers. Supply and demand for office space influenced the growth of the industry. The proximity of Orange County to the...
- The Search for Suitable Sites. Schwartz, Beth M. // Transportation & Distribution;Mar99, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p91
Offers suggestions for choosing sites for distribution centers (DC). Basis for redesigning supply chain networks; Questions that must be considered in deciding to open a DC; Warning on using computer modeling for simplifying an initial site evaluation process.
- Vacancy rates fall as councils allow use changes. WHITTEN, NICK // Estates Gazette;1/8/2011, Issue 1101, p23
The article reports on the decline in vacancy rates in the bulky goods warehousing sector in England in mid-2010.