10 YEARS AGO
- LG adds China PVC plant. // Plastics News;12/3/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p22
The article reports on the opening of a polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resin plant by Seoul, Korea-based LG Chem Ltd. in Bohai, China. According to a September 7, 2007 report published in the newspaper "Korean Times," the company plans to increase capacity at the site by more than 100 million pounds...
- LG Dow joint venture boosts polycarbonate. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/12/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 8, p7
Reports that LG DOW Polycarbonate Ltd., a 50-50 joint venture between Dow Chemical Co. and LG Chem Ltd., is set to begin construction on a second polycarbonate train in Yeosu, Korea. Industrial capacity; Completion of basic engineering work for the second train.
- Mitsui Petrochemical builds at Mobil's Singapore complex. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;8/20/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 32, p16
Focuses on the decision of Mitsui Petrochemical to build its planned high-density polyethylene (HDPE) plant in Jurong Island, Singapore. Talks between Mitsui, Exxon and Mobil; Total Asian conventional HDPE capacity.
- Metallocene PE sale. // Chemical Week;5/31/95, Vol. 156 Issue 21, p55
Reports on Mitsui Petrochemical Industries' installation of a marketing network for commercializing metallocene polyethylene. Mitsui's plan to sell the products in July 1995; Use of technology developed by Mitsui Sekka.
- new construction projects. // Chemical Week;1/28/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 3, p15
Presents an update on construction projects worldwide as of January 2004. Development of an acrylic acid process technology from LG Chem; Plan of Praxair to construct a helium and hydrogen production units in Tangjeong, Korea; Spending allocations of OMV for its polypropylene geotextiles plant...
- Mitsui develops new co-polyester. // Chemical Business;Aug97, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p62
Reports that Mitsui Petrochemical has developed a co-polyester that is claimed to have better gas barrier properties than polyethylene terephthalate (PET) and PEN. Chemical composition of the material called BO10.
- LG Chemicals confirms Vietnam DOP project. // Chemical Week;7/19/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 2, p21
Reports that LG Chemical of Korea has agreed to set up a joint venture in Vietnam to produce dioctyl phthalate (DOP) at Godau complex. Partners in the venture.
- LG Chemical Visits AATCC. // Textile Chemist & Colorist;Sep96, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p2
A photograph depicting the representatives from LG Chemical company visiting the American Association of Textile Chemists & Colorists (AATCC) Technical Center in June 1996 is presented.
- LG Chem Accelerates ABS Expansion Projects in China. Moore, Stephen // Chemical Week;3/20/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 12, p15
Reports on the acceleration of the acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) projects of LG Chemical in China. Production capacity of LG Yongxing Chem, a joint venture between LG and Yongxing Chemical; Plans of LG; Other companies building ABS capacity in China.