- PVC. Burridge, Elaine // ICIS Chemical Business;6/4/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 69, p39
The article offers information about polyvinyl chloride (PVC). Rigid and flexible are the two forms of PVC. The rigid form is used for pipes and conduits. Flexible PVC contains more plasticizer than the rigid form. According to the author, demand for PVC is strong while availability of vinyl...
- European PVC Prices Surge. Noor-Drugan, Natalie // Chemical Week;11/17/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 43, p39
Reports on the increase in European polyvinyl chloride (PVC) since August 1999. Reason behind the increase; Factors that have provided further support for PVC prices; Increase in European exports prices due to tightening supply worldwide.
- VCM settles lower. // Chemical Week;7/30/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 29, p28
Details what has prompted the reduction of vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) for June, 1997. Effects of reductions in feedstock costs to polyvinyl chloride (PVC) makers; Observers' view after the peak seasonal demand for PVC.
- Periportal fibrosis and other liver ultrasonography findings in vinyl chloride workers. Maroni, M.; Mocci, F.; Visentin, S.; Preti, G.; Fanetti, A.C. // Occupational & Environmental Medicine;Jan2003, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p60
Investigates the presence of liver lesions and their relation with vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) exposure or other personal risk factors in workers involved in the production of VCM and polyvinyl chloride (PVC). Importance of liver ultrasonography; Background on the production of VCM; Motive for...
- Modeling the kinetics of the extraction of vinyl chloride from polyvinyl chloride. Dedov, A. // Fibre Chemistry;Sep2012, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p186
Literature data was used to construct a model for predicting the amount of vinyl chloride in various liquid food products. The model predicts the vinyl chloride content in such products at different temperatures and for different contents of the monomer in the polymer. Flow of the liquid counter...
- Lung cancer risk in workers exposed to poly(vinyl chloride) dust: a nested case-referent study. Mastrangelo, G.; Fedeli, U.; Fadda, E.; Milan, G.; Turato, A.; Pavanello, S. // Occupational & Environmental Medicine;Jun2003, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p423
Determines whether poly(vinyl chloride) (PVC) and/or vinyl chloride monomer is the associated risk factor/s, by means of a nested case-referent study, in order to estimate lung cancer risk. Description of PVC; Subjects and methods used in the study; Distribution of smoking habits in the classes...
- PVC and VCM Remain Extremely Tight. Greenberg, Karl // Chemical Market Reporter;11/15/99, Vol. 256 Issue 20, p5
Reports on the price increase of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and vinyl chloride monomer. Percentage increase in PVC implemented by producers for July and August 1999; Comparison on the increase PVC prices between Asia and the United States; American Plastic Council statistics on PVC for North America.
- Export vinyl climbs. // Chemical Week;3/19/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 11, p51
Reports on the increase in prices of export polyvinyl chloride and vinyl chloride monomer in the Far East.
- Vinyl Prices Rebound on Tighter Supply. Adams, Jarret // Chemical Week;6/23/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 24, p42
Looks at the performance of the world vinyls market in 1999. Percent decline in polyvinyl chloride (PVC) demand in 1998; Total world PVC demand in 1999; Status of the vinyls industry in the United States; Factors which contributed to the increased price of PVC.