Topsoe scales up its fuel cell units
- DOE funds fuel cell research. // Modern Power Systems;Sep2001, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p45
Reports the signing of a contract to install a solid oxide fuel cell (SOFC) at the gas-to-liquids test facility of BP company by Siemens Westinghouse company in Nikiski, Alaska. Terms of the contract; Amount granted by the United States Dept. of Energy on the development of the technology;...
- Topsoe Expands Fuel Cell Stack Production in Denmark. ALPEROWICZ, NATASHA // Chemical Week;7/18/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 18, p15
The article reports on the expansion of stack production capacity in Denmark by fuel cell producer Topsoe Fuel Cell in July 2011 to meet increasing demand, which is expected to exceed present capacity in 2013.
- Westervoort SOFC: The road to commercialization. // Modern Power Systems;May98, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p29
Focuses on a solid oxide fuel cell power plant in Netherlands. Supply of electricity to the local grid and hot water for district heating; Commercialization of the Westinghouse solid oxide fuel cell; History of the solid oxide fuel cell.
- So long, smokestackâ€¦. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Feb2010, Issue 824, p15
The article reports on a power plant designed by engineers from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology that makes use of solid oxide fuel cells powered by natural gas that producers no emissions.
- WORLD'S FIRST FUEL CELL/GAS TURBINE HYBRID NOW OPERATING. // Power Engineering;May2002, Vol. 106 Issue 5, p52
Reports on the start of the operations of a fuel cell/gas turbine power plant solid oxide fuel cell in Irvine, California in 2002. Developers of the power system; Features and power-generating capability.
- Hybrid solar-fuel cell project unveiled. // Modern Power Systems;Mar98, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p12
Details the hybrid power system proposed by Australian researchers which combine ceramic fuel cell technology and solar thermal system for producing hydrogen fuel. Launching of the project in Australia; Novel feature of the hybrid system.
- The power to clean up. Kenward, Michael // Professional Engineering;06/09/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p31
Reports on the construction of a power station, using solid oxide fuel cell technology, near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, by the Science and Technology Center of Siemens Westinghouse. Power plant efficiency; Two key goals of fuel cells; Department of Energy's Office of Fossil Energy as source of...
- BlueGENs for a virtual power plant on Ameland... // Modern Power Systems;Dec2013, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p45
The article focuses on the installation of Ceramic Fuel Cell (CFCL) BlueGen fuel cell micro-combined heat and power (CHP) units on the dutch island of Ameland in November 2013, which would be operated as a virtual power plant (VPP) to evaluate the impact of fuel cell technology on power supply.
- Fuel cells look good under pressure. // Modern Power Systems;Jun96, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p23
Focuses on enhanced prospects for the ultimate commercial success of the tubular solid oxide fuel cell. Development program co-sponsored by Westinghouse and the US Department of Energy (DOE); Improvements in the configuration that have boosted the electrical output of the all-solid-state...