Pair in sugar beet move
- Vliv pudnï¿½ zï¿½soby dusï¿½ku na potrebu hnojenï¿½ cukrovï¿½ repy. Chochola, J. // Listy Cukrovarnicke a Reparske;mar2012, Vol. 128 Issue 3, p90
The soil nitrogen reserve was always determined in March in the years 1987-2011; this took place in the 30-50 fields prepared for sugar beet. The nitrogen reserve varies highly in individual years but during the monitored period it decreased significantly from about 150 kg.ha-1 N at the...
- Making efficient use of N helps boost crop returns. Blake, Andrew // Crops;2/13/2010, p10
The article reports that the efficient use of nitrogen in cropping helps to increase crop returns. Andrew Ward, a farmer in Lincolnshire, England is confident that with the use of nitrogen fertilizer he can improve his crop returns. Ward farms on two main soil types including upper farm with...
- Sugar beet acreage rises. // Farmers Weekly;4/22/2011, Vol. 155 Issue 17, p59
The author shares his experience growing sugar beet on his Flegcroft Farm in Cambridgeshire, England, including the problem with wheat bulb fly saga, pulling up a small field of drilled wheat following potatoes and reduced second nitrogen application on wheat and oilseed rape crops.
- Stick to best practice for optimum N. Abel, Charles // Farmers Weekly;4/12/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 15, p59
Discusses the importance of nitrogen input to winter wheat and oilseed rape. Limits in the quantity of nitrogen input; Impact of grain and fertilizer price on the optimum nitrogen input; Key requirements for nitrogen fertilizer use.
- Nitrogen: The Elusive Nutrient. Beth, Hanson // Runner's World;Feb2013, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p068
The article presents information related to nitrogen fertilizers.
- Sulphur in urea blend on offer. Abel, Charles // Farmers Weekly;9/20/2002, Vol. 137 Issue 12, p56
Talks about the urea-based sulphur containing nitrogen fertilizers launched by Hydro in Great Britain as of September 2002. Chemical composition.
- BIOTECH FIRM PUSHES USING LESS FERTILIZER. // In Business;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p5
The article focuses on biotechnology company Arcadia Biosciences Inc.'s move towards environmental benefit. It is stated that an article on the contribution of agriculture to greenhouse-gas emissions published in the newspaper "The Wall Street Journal" prompted Arcadia's president Eric Rey to...
- SEED MONEY. Svoboda, Elizabeth // Fast Company;Oct2008, Issue 129, p74
This article discusses a genetically modification that improves the efficiency with which plants use nitrogen in the soil. Genetically modified rice, presented by Eric Rey from Arcadia Biosciences Inc. The possibility that this development will enable farmers to cash in on their reduced carbon...
- Slowing down nitrogen application. Hardie, Anne // New Zealand Dairy Exporter;Apr2014, Vol. 89 Issue 9, p46
The article discusses the Smartfert controlled release nitrogen fertilizer.