COMMISSION'S BIOFUELS CONSULTATION OPEN
- Good news for UK biofuel crops. Spackman, Paul // Farmers Weekly;3/22/2013, Vol. 159 Issue 12, p75
The article reports on the European Commission's acceptance of revised regional figures from the Home-Grown Cereals Authority that meet the Renewable Energy Directive (RED). The revised figures would make 97 percent of rape-seed, 84 percent of wheat, and 100 percent of sugar beet production...
- Commission 'losing the plot' over biofuels. // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);Mar2014, Issue 469, p18
The article reports the proposal by the European Commission to shelve the transport fuel targets after 2020 and its effects on the biofuels industry in Great Britain. According to the commission, new goals for renewable energy or greenhouse gas intensity of fuels are no longer feasible after...
- EU legislation may cushion biofuels market in 2012. YEO, ROSS; TRINDER, SARAH // ICIS Chemical Business;1/9/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 2, p23
The article reports that the changes in the Renewable Energy Directive (RED) of European Commission may offer some level of protection to the biofuel industry against negative influences of the economy. It states that the change requires that by 2020, all transportation fuels in the European...
- EU threatens legal action as energy policies stall. // European Power News;May2006, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p7
The article reports on the European Commission's legal actions against member states over renewable energy resources, liberalization and biofuels. The Commission has launched enforcement action against Italy, Great Britain, Poland and the Czech Republic for failing to report progress under the...
- EU energy: powering ahead with renewables. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Jun2007, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p134
The article reports on the proposal of the European Commission (EC) to increase the use of renewable energy sources in Europe. The EC plans to target 20 percent of its generated renewable sources for electricity as well as 10 percent in the use of biofuels. However, it states that the need for...
- Unsustainable biomass not wanted. // Utility Week;7/25/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p20
This article reports that utilities are being asked by the European Commission whether European Union (EU) law promoting the utilization of biomass energy sources should include mandatory sustainability standards. The Commission seeks input or views on whether the scheme should be imposed and if...
- Untitled. Mackenzie, Gemma // Farmers Weekly;9/13/2013, Vol. 159 Issue 36, p27
The article reports on the vote to be made by Members of the European Parliament (EMP) on the amount of first generation biofuels that would contribute to the European Union's (EU) target of producing 10 percent of transport fuel from renewable sources.
- Agriculture Backs Lugar Bill To Develop Fuels and Chemicals From Plants and Biomass. // Chemical Market Reporter;06/14/99, Vol. 255 Issue 24, p12
Focuses on a bill introduced by United States Senator Richard Lugar (R-Ind.) that would support the development of plant-based renewable fuels. Environmental benefits of plant-based fuels; Research on biomass technology.
- Grid feed in . // European Power News;Apr2001, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p3
Reports that Germany has abolished its grid feed in law, which subsidized renewable energy, following pressure from the European Commission. Violation of European Union regulations; Imposition of a charge on electricity consumed in Germany.