EU: CSD meeting fruitless
- CSD: Steps in sun and shade. // UN Chronicle;1997, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p34
Evaluates the outcome of the negotiations during the United Nations Commission on Sustainable Development (CSD) session to review action since the Earth Summit in 1992. Some progress on sectoral issues; Priority of addressing freshwater pollution and scarcity; Pending talks on the issue of...
- New 15-year goals support healthier lives for world's population. Krisberg, Kim // Nation's Health;Nov/Dec2015, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p1
The article discusses an agenda adopted by top-ranking officials from around the world during the 2015 United Nations Sustainable Development Summit which included goals to address public health, poverty and climate change. Topics cited include reduction of maternal deaths worldwide by year...
- 1997 Special General Assembly Review of Agenda 21 should `revitalize' international commitment to... Seufert-Barr, Nancy // United Nations Chronicle;1996, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p72
Reports that the United Nations Commission on Sustainable Development concluded its fourth session on May 3, 1996 by issuing several recommendations to guide the June 1997 special session of the General Assembly. Marine environment; Consumer lifestyles; Cross-sectoral issues. INSET: UN...
- Education for sustainable development. // Connect: UNESCO International Science, Technology & Environmenta;Jun96, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the 1996 meeting of the United Nations Commission on Sustainable Development in New York. Participants of the meeting; Meeting as the first time since 1992 the group would consider Chapter 36 of Agenda 21; Important outcomes of the meeting.
- From words to deeds: New commission builds on Earth Summit legacy. // United Nations Chronicle;Sep93, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p62
Reports that the Commission on Sustainable Development met for its first substantive session in New York in June 1993. Discussions of how to monitor Agenda 21; Legacy of the Earth Summit, or the United Nations (UN) Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED); More. INSET: Hope for...
- Young people give input to UN Sustainable Development session. // One Country;1/1/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p4
Information about the topics discussed at the 17th session of the United Nations' Commission on Sustainable Development (CSD) which was held from May 4-15, 2009 is presented. Topics include climate change, poverty and social development. The event was sponsored by the Bahï¿½'ï¿½...
- A mountain agenda. Denniston, Derek // World Watch;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p20
Examines the United Nations document on sustainable mountain development during the third annual session of the United Nations Commission on Sustainable Development in April 1995. Annotated versions of the text.
- Women and the sustainable development commission. Tanner, Susan // Women & Environments;Apr93, Vol. 13 Issue 3/4, p51
Discusses how women can be involved in the structure of the Sustainable Development Commission (SDC). Impact of the Commission; Women involvement; Barriers; Structural issues.
- Rescuing the Commission on Sustainable Development From the Driftwood of Deserted and Dead Debate. Upton, Simon // UN Chronicle;1999, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p74
Reports on the Seventh Session of the United Nations Commission on Sustainable Development in New York City, New York in April 1999. Approach adapted in the meeting; Actions recommended for fishing vessels engaging in illegal fishing; Issues on tourism discussed in the forum.