- EUROPE PROPOSES BANNING PHOSPHATES IN LAUNDRY DETERGENTS. // Chemical Week;11/8/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 27, p7
The article addresses the proposals of the European Commission to ban phosphates and restrict phosphorus-containing compounds in all domestic laundry detergents available in European Union countries.
- MEPs seek to relax EU rendering regulations. McHugh, Joseph // Public Finance;02/01/2002, p16
Reports on the amending of a draft by the European Commission on the reduction of tendering obligation. Amendments made by the European Parliament; Reduction on the scope of the regulations; Agreement on the decision of the Parliament and the commission.
- Investors to Bail Out Banks Under New European Plan. // American Banker;6/7/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 88, p10
The article discusses the European Commission's proposed legislation which will put the cost of future bank failures on investors instead of taxpayers and has a so-called bail-in or pool of funds that banks are required to maintain in case they have a financial crisis.
- Draft Derivatives Bill Exempts Nonbanks. // American Banker;9/14/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 141, p16
The article notes that the airlines, energy, and nonfinancial industries could be exempt from a legislative bill proposed by the European Commission which is trying to reduce risks in the derivatives market.
- Europe lays down the law. // Euronet;Jul/Aug2000, Issue 3, p12
Reports the reformation of electronic commerce regulatory law in Europe. Proposal of legislation; Importance of telecommunication market in the economic growth in Europe; Context of the regulatory framework proposed by the European Commission.
- Changing goalposts. Stanton, Justin // Motor Transport;1/15/2009, p12
The author reflects on the issues concerning the efforts of the government during recession in relation to the motor transport industry in Europe. He states that the European Commission (EC) comes and does its best which is to fuss, meddle and come up with unhelpful new legislation. He also...
- French Vote on Armenian Genocide Adds To Turkey's Growing Anti-EU Sentiment. Gorvett, Jon // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Dec2006, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p30
The article focuses on issues concerning the October 13, 2006 bill, which makes it a crime to deny that the Turks committed genocide against the Armenians in 1915, passed by the lower house of the French parliament. The resolution was passed just as Turkey was about to be on the receiving end of...
- Treating the treaty. // Eastern Eye;10/24/2014, Issue 1274, p9
The article presents views of JosÃ© Manuel Barroso, President of the European Commission, on the arbitrary cap related to the European laws.
- Commission to restrict detergent phosphates. Cozier, Muriel // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;5/21/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 20, p9
The article reports on the plan of the European Commission to impose restrictions on phosphate-containing detergents across all European Union (EU) member states. The move follows the release of an impact assessment report, "Development of a European Quantitative Eutrophication Risk Assessment...