Chinese polyester makes sellers sweat
- Imports Depress Unifi Earnings. Malone, Scott // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/26/1998, Vol. 176 Issue 79, p18
Reports on the impact of importation of polyester in the United States to Unifi Inc. Percentage decline in the first-quarter net income of the company; Sales of the company for the period ended September 27, 1998; Remarks from the company on the status of polyester prices.
- MEG prices soar by US$80. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;4/12/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 441, p24
Reports on an increase in the prices of monoethylene glycol (MEG) in China in April 2004. Factors that contributed to the increase; Impact of the increase on the export sales contract market in Asia; Effect of MEG demand from the polyester sector in China on MEG prices.
- Polyester suppliers keep eye on feedstocks. Kovach, Stephen // Plastics News;1/13/1997, Vol. 8 Issue 46, p15
Reports on the status of the market for polyester products as of January 1997. Raw material prices; Production and sales of thermoset resins; Price increases planned for January; Outlook for the rest of the year.
- Makers roll out third polyester staple price hike. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/18/2000, Vol. 179 Issue 11, p30
Reports on the decision of major polyester staple producers in the United States to raise their prices. Companies that have raised their staple prices; Reasons for the companies' decision; Other fiber suppliers that seek to raise their prices.
- US paraxylene contracts fall again. LINK, JANET // Chemical Market Reporter;01/18/99, Vol. 255 Issue 3, p5
Reports on the decline in the United States (US) contract price for paraxylene during the first quarter of 1999. Details on the decline; Reason paraxylene consumers cut back production in the third quarter of 1998.
- Poly makers set 4th price hike. Malone, Scott // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/14/2000, Vol. 179 Issue 50, p16
Reports that domestic manufacturers of polyester filaments in the United States have announced plans for a price hike. Percentage increases planned to be charged by various polyester companies for their products; Factors attributing to polyester companies' decision to increase the prices of...
- Unsaturated polyester prices may rise. // Plastics News;7/7/1997, Vol. 9 Issue 19, p3
States that unsaturated polyester prices may increase. Factors attributing to the increase; Who made the announcement; When the increase is expected to occur.
- More manmade fiber hikes loom ahead. // Textile World;Oct94, Vol. 144 Issue 10, p17
Reports on possible increase of prices of polyester fabrics by the early part of 1995. Reasons for the increase.
- Raw materials prices bottom out. Thomas, Nick // Chemical Week;12/18/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 49, p34
Reports on the recovery of global prices for para-xylene. Slight gains for European-produced raw materials; Dependence of para-xylene price recovery on improvements for polyesters and their other precursors; Bleak outlook for the polyester chain.