Explosion prompts hike in TDI
- BASF invests in new TDI plant. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Mar2012, Issue 849, p16
The article reports on a toluene diisocyanate (TDI) plant built by BASF in Ludwigshafen, Germany to replace its ageing Schwarzheide facility.
- Tianjin TDI storage concerns. // Urethanes Technology International;2015, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p0013
The article states about the explosions in Tianjin port due to storage of Toluene disocyanate, TDI where this explosion killed over one hundred people of Ruihai International Logistics which prompted Greenpeace Asia to issue a statement for safety concerns for local residents.
- EUROPEAN TDI IS ON ITS WAY UP TO LOFTY HEIGHTS. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;2/20/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 7, p31
The article reports on the price increases being sought by toluene diisocyanate (TDI) producers in Europe in 2006. TDI producers had enjoyed a 50% price hike during the third quarter of 2005. The further hikes being sought by TDI producers would put prices â‚¬1,000 per ton. Higher toluene...
- Bayer still has ray of hope on Taiwan isocyanates plant. Oey, Patricia // Chemical Market Reporter;03/16/98, Vol. 253 Issue 11, p21
Reports on Bayer AG's continued optimism despite continued delays in its proposed construction of a toluene diisocyanate plant in Taiwan in 1998. Land lease approval granted on March 6; Amount spent by the company over the last three years in preparation for the project; Questions raised over...
- Dow re-evaluates TDI capacity. // European Chemical News;2/24/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2041, p26
Reports on the suspension of the proposed expansion of Dow Chemical's toluene diisocyanate (TDI) facility in Camacari, northeast Brazil as of March 2, 2003. Reason for the move; Background on the TDI plant.
- BASF'S GEISMAR TDI PLANT RUNNING AGAIN. // Urethanes Technology International;Apr/May2007, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p4
The article reports that BASF Corp. has announced its toluene diisocyanate (TDI) plant in Geismar, Louisiana, is once again in operation making TDI products. The plant was shut down in late January 2007 due to a mechanical failure, and this was originally expected to last through the end of...
- TDI expansion caps bayer baytown units. TERRY, LARRY // Chemical Week;10/14/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 38, p17
Reports on the plans of Bayer for a toluene diisocyanate (TDI) plant at Baytown, Texas. Other projects undertaken by Bayer at Baytown; Impact of the TDI project on Bayer's total TDI capacity in the United States; Why Baytown was a logical choice for the business expansion.
- BASF to build record TDI plant in Europe. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Jul2011, Issue 841, p16
The article reports on the plans of BASF SE in 2011 to construct a toluene diisocyanate (TDI) plant in Europe that will begin production in 2014.
- Bayer selects Baytown for new TDI plant. Link, Janet // Chemical Market Reporter;10/12/98, Vol. 254 Issue 15, p1
Announces Bayer Corp.'s plan to open a toluene diisocyanate (TDI) plant in Baytown, Texas following the opening of its methylene diisocyanate (MDI) facility and the expansion of its polycarbonate capacity at the same site in October 1998. Rationale behind the site's selection; Outlook for the...