Naphtha hits a record high
- Venezuela, India agree to build a naphtha unit in South America. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Jan2014, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p70
The article reports on the decision of the government of Venezuela and India to build a naphtha production unit in the South American Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) nation.
- NEWS FLASH. // Economic Review (05318955);Jan2012, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p38
The article offers world news briefs as of January 1, 2012. The Pakistani government implemented a 5% sales tax reduction on tractors to bring down tractor prices in the country. The Iranian government warned of potential price increase on crude oil if exportation continues to be banned. A deal...
- Is OPEC a cartel? Evidence from cointegration and causality tests. Gulen, S. Gurcan // Energy Journal;1996, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p43
Discusses evidence from cointegration and causality tests on whether the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) is a cartel. Energy shocks of the 1970s; Data, tests and results; Output coordination era results; Oil prices; Data consistency.
- Fairness measures and importance weights for allocating quotas to OPEC member countries. Alsalem, Ahmad Saled; Sharma, Subhash C. // Energy Journal;1997, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p1
Considers the degree of optimality of quota assignments for each Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries member country based on certain proposed fairness factor. Decisional efficiency; Energy and economic fairness conditions; Weights of the fairness factors; Validation of fair quota...
- Section 10. International energy. // Monthly Energy Review;Feb98, p129
Presents an overview of energy statistics which covers the activities of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) production during November 1997. Increase in production in both Iran, Indonesia, Venezuela and Qatar; Decrease in production in Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Nigeria;...
- Market share and lower crude prices seem OPEC's only choice. Emond, Mark // National Petroleum News;Feb94, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p12
Discusses the concern of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) regarding market share. Challenge from non-OPEC producers' cost reductions; Ideal crude oil price range; Dilemma faced by OPEC on whether to lower production quotas and lose market share or maintain production and...
- OPEC extends oil production quotas through 1994. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jun94, Vol. 221 Issue 6, p2
Reports on the agreement of members of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) to extend oil production quotas for the rest of 1994. Production quotas for OPEC members.
- Internal-monitoring committee. // Newsweek;1/7/1985, Vol. 105 Issue 1, p44
Last week OPEC announced formation of an internal-monitoring committee to audit each member's production and prices--but virtually no one expected it to make much difference in today's marketplace. OPEC called it `a landmark decision which will restore credibility and strengthen the...
- Worldwide. George, Dev // Offshore;Aug96, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries' increase of its production level for the first time in three years to 25.033 million barrels a day.