Playing with the big boys
- Axalta leads discussion on improved performance through enhanced coatings. // Paintindia;Oct2015, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p155
Information on several issues discussed at the European Coatings Conference on Automotive Coatings held in Dusseldorf, Germany on September 24-25, 2015 which discusses how advanced automotive coatings can affect vehicle performance is presented. Other topics tackled include modern coatings that...
- Changing The Way We Color Our World. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Jun2006, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p26
Provides information on the use of dry paint film as an alternative to paint in automotive. History of paint films; Role of automotive original equipment manufacturers in the growth of paint films; Positive environmental impact of paint films.
- Cartridge Filters. // Products Finishing;Sep2006, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p100
The article introduces Columbus Industries Inc.'s cartridge filters. The filters meet the original equipment manufacturer specifications and provide long lasting performance, removing dust on a consistent and cost effective basis. The article discusses how customers can reduce administrative and...
- The Flaws in Accelerated Weathering of Automotive OEM Coatings. Boisseau, J.; Pattison, L.; Henderson, K.; Hunt, R.; St. Pierre, A.; Campbell, D.; Valatka, H.; Barber, D.; Garner, M.; Jacobs, P. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Jun2006, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p42
Discusses issues on predicting longevity, one of the most important properties for exterior automotive coatings. Key to developing new automotive coating technologies for the original equipment manufacturers; Use of accelerated weathering tests to predict the longevity of the coating...
- Splashing out. Gupta, Shruti; Hariharan, Malini // Asian Chemical News;4/26/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 443, p13
Provides information on the automotive coatings market in Southeast Asia as of April 2004. Share of Thailand in the region's total consumption of automotive coatings in 2002; Sales in the original equipment manufacturer coatings segment in 2002; List of important companies for OEM coatings.
- Henkel achieves major milestone with launch of New Aquence brand. // Finish;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 2 Issue 3/4, p71
The article announces the launching of Henkel's Aquence. It is the brand name of its innovative water-based autodeposition coating technology set new industry precedent by changing conventional metal pretreatment and electrocoat process for an automotive vehicle body. Advantages of the...
- 2005 Automotive Report. Spielman, Sharon // Industrial Paint & Powder;Jul2005, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p16
Discusses trends in paint and coatings for the automotive industry in the United States. Challenges facing the automotive coatings industry; Increase in automotive makers' demand for coatings; Efforts to introduce technologies that offer efficient and ecologically friendly solutions;...
- Understanding Cool Coatings for Automotive. Doyle, Rick // Paint & Coatings Industry;May2009, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p28
The article reports on a proposal by the California Air Resource Board (CARB) suggesting that automotive manufacturers and their coatings partners develop cool coatings in an effort to save fuel by lowering compressor size of an automotive air conditioning unit. The draft proposal also stated...
- Keeping informed. Cowley, Mike // Product Finishing;Sep2000, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p24
Comments on several issues affecting the product finishing industry. Release of the 'GPG 260' guide to measure manufacturing process parameters; Negative impact of the economy on the finishing industry; Use of the Informer control unit in measuring process parameters.