Coat of many colours
- SigmaKalon goes up for sale. Bains, Elizabeth // ICIS Chemical Business;6/11/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 70, p21
The article reports on the decision of U.S.-based Bain Capital to sell paints and coating producer SigmaKalon. SigmaKalon's chief executive officer (CEO) Pierre-Marie De Leener said that a secondary private equity sale or a partial sale to another financial buyer would be the best exit strategy...
- Bain Capital Accepts PPGs Offer for SigmaKalon. // Finishing Today;Nov2007, Vol. 83 Issue 11, p12
The article reports that Bain Capital Inc. has agreed to the proposal of PPG Industries Inc. to acquire Uithoorn, Netherlands-based SigmaKalon Group company, a firm engaged decorative, marine, protective and industrial coatings. The acquisition, which is worth about 2.2 billion euros, is still...
- SigmaKalon sold off. // Builders Merchants Journal;Apr2003, p5
Focuses on the acquisition of SigmaKalon by Bain Capital Inc. in Great Britain. Services offered by the companies; Estimation of the earnings of SigmaKalon in the year 2001.
- Bain Capital to Acquire SigmaKalon? Young, Ian // Chemical Week;10/30/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 43, p13
Reports the plan of Bain Capital to acquire SigmaKalon in 2002. Other bidders for SigmaKalon; Background on SigmaKalon; Investment plans of Bain.
- SigmaKalon sells its Manage, Belgium, site to Arpadis Group. // Chemical Business;May2007, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p76
The article reports on Arpadis Group NV's recent acquisition of all production facilities of SigmaKalon. It is stated that the sale has not affected the commercial and strategic status of SigmaKalon's Industrial Coatings division and its continuous development is expected through its organic and...
- PPG names De Leener as senior vice president, Architectural Coatings, EMEA. // Paintindia;Jan2008, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p176
The article announces that Pierre-Marie De Leener was appointed senior vice president of architectural coatings in Europe/Middle East and Africa (EMEA) at PPG Industries.
- PPG receives approval from European Union regulators to acquire SigmaKalon from Bain Capital. // Paintindia;Dec2007, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p136
The article reports on the approval received by PPG Industries from European Union regulators to acquire SigmaKalon Group from global private investment company Bain Capital. It cites that the total transaction value is about 2.2 billion. It notes that SigmaKalon Group is a global coatings...
- SigmaKalon buys paint maker. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;6/7/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2103, p6
Reports on the decision of the Sigma Kalon coatings business of Bain Capital to purchase wall paint manufacturer Primalex in Eastern Europe. Production facilities of Primalex; Value of the acquisition; Commitment of Sigma to business in central and eastern Europe.
- PPG announces executive assignments. // Paintindia;Jul2010, Vol. 60 Issue 7, p137
The article announces a number of PPG Industries executive assignments, effective August 1, 2010, including J. Rich Alexander, elected executive vice president, joining PPG's Executive Committee, Pierre-Marie De Leener, elected executive vice president, joining PPG's Executive Committee, and...