- An Introduction to Life Cycle Assessment. Schoff, Clifford K. // CoatingsTech;Jan2015, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p52
The article focuses on life cycle assessment (LCA) in the coatings industry. LCA starts with an analysis of raw material acquisition and related energy use, emissions, and waste. It then proceeds to manufacturing, costs and energy used in the processes, waste and emissions. LCA offers support...
- Report Estimates European Powder Coatings Market at 373,000 tons. // Paint & Coatings Industry;May2005, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p15
Focuses on a 2005 report on the European powder coatings market, released by London, England-based Information Research. Overview of the topics covered in the report; Volume of powder coatings produced by Italy; Remarks from Terry Knowles, business manager at Information Research.
- ask hans. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Apr2009, Vol. 45 Issue 4, Special section p7
The article provides an answer to a question whether the cost for manufactured goods go down if the price of raw materials goes down.
- Rising Raw Material Costs Paint an Uncertain Future. Van Arnum, Patricia // Chemical Market Reporter;10/16/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 16, Special section pFR3
Reports on the implications of the rising raw material costs on coatings manufacturers. Main areas of coatings raw materials; Response of PPG Industries on the issue; Factors that could mitigate the impact of higher raw material costs.
- European Coatings Makers Felling the Squeeze. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;10/16/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 16, Special section pFR14
Reports on the effects of rising raw material costs on the European coatings market. Companies that have been suffering the most from the surge in raw material costs; Coatings industry's future challenge; Key benefit of designer paints for coatings companies.
- Paints spread eastward. Sharpe, Rob; Harries, Karen // European Chemical News;5/3/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2098, p24
Presents updates on the European paints and coatings industry as of May 2004. Demand for paint according to Cepe, the European council of the paint; Details of industry sales; Industry opportunities in Russia according to IRL senior researcher Terry Knowles. INSET: Mixed fortunes for big three.
- New House Chemicals Legislation Will Impact Surface Finishing, Says NASF. // Products Finishing;Sep2010, Vol. 74 Issue 12, p12
The article reports on the impact of the new chemical regulations under the Toxic Substances Control Act, introduced by Representatives Henry Waxman and Bobby Rush, on the finishing industry in the U.S.
- Legislation made easy. Brown, Yvonne // Product Finishing;Jan2002, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p18
Reports legislative developments in the coating industry on the European Union countries. Principles of chemicals on dangerous substance, and ecotoxicity; Coverage of paints, inks, printings, and adhesives on the Dangerous Substances and the Dangerous Preparation Directives; Highlight of the...
- Learing from mistakes. Twene, Derrick; Houghton, Steven // European Coatings Journal;Oct2012, Issue 10, p16
The article presents questions and answers related to coatings industry including how to detect failures in coating or raw material production and kinds of failures occurred during first product test.