Dow's green bid takes its first steps in China
- DOW NAMED RESEARCH PARTNER FOR U.S.-CHINA CLEAN ENERGY CONSORTIUM. // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;Feb2011, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p20
The article reports on the selection of The Dow Chemical Co. as a research partner of Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratories for the U.S.-China Clean Energy Research Center Consortium on Building Energy Efficiency. It requires the company to contribute funding, research support and practical...
- Dow starts production in Rayong, Thailand polyols plant. // Urethanes Technology International;2015, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p0014
The article reports starting production of polyether polyols by Thailand based chemical company Dow Chemicals, and talks of reduction in energy consumption, waste water generation, and elimination of solid waste; plan for expansion in Saudi Arabia, and comment from Jirasak Singmaneechai of Dow.
- Handle with care. Boswell, Clay // ICIS Chemical Business;3/29/2010, Vol. 277 Issue 12, p18
The article offers information on the performance of the Global Product Strategy (GPS) which has been contributed in the Strategic Approach to International Chemicals Management (SAICM). It informs that SAICM is a United Nations program to promote chemical safety worldwide. It mentions that...
- Dow opens upgraded microbial control R&D centre in Switzerland. // Paintindia;Jul2010, Vol. 60 Issue 7, p130
The article announces the opening of a fully upgraded research and development (R&D) Center of Excellence in Buchs, Switzerland by Dow Microbial Control, a business group of Dow Chemical.
- Dow inaugurates Northeast Technology Center innovation hub. // Nonwovens Industry;Oct2013, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p18
The article reports on the inauguration of the Northeast Technology Center (NTC) research and development center in Collegeville, Pennsylvania by Dow Chemical Co.
- Dow Inaugurates Northeast Technology Center Innovation Hub. // Coatings World;Oct2013, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p72
The article reports on the inauguration of the new Northeast Technology Center (NTC) of Dow Chemical Co. in Collegeville, Pennsylvania.
- The Lab of the Future. // R&D Magazine;May2006, Vol. 48 Issue 5, pF21
The article emphasizes the dependence of the changes in the design and operation of the research laboratories of 2016 on technology and economics. Theresa Kotanchek, Global Technology Director for Asia Pacific at The Dow Chemical Co., is building a research lab and global IT center in Shanghai,...
- Dow Falls Short on Some EH&S Improvement Targets. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;5/23/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 21, p39
Focuses on the progress of Dow Chemical Co. in improving its environmental, health and safety programs, according to an environmental report of the company in 2000. Amount of spending for the programs; Commitment of Dow to the public concerning its environmental performance; Sectors included...
- Making pollution prevention pay. Miller, William H. // Industry Week/IW;5/20/96, Vol. 245 Issue 10, p136-L
Focuses on the tough environmental goals set by Dow Chemical. Amount committed by the company to meet the goals; Important aspects of the proactive pollution-prevention program; Specific global reductions figures; Call on companies to align their environmental strategies with their business...