Good quarter bumps up VCI forecast for 2007
- leading indicator. Pearlman, Arnold // Chemical Week;5/4/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 15, p35
Reports on the status of economic indicators in the chemical industry as of May 4, 2005. Decrease in industrial production; Percentage of increase in total orders for manufactured goods; Rise of prices.
- 5-MINUTE MARKET WATCH. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;3/13/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p7
This section presents updates on the chemical industry as of March 2006. The Turkish subsidiary of Polyplex Corp. has started trial production of metallized polyester film at its metallizer. Meanwhile, Celanese hopes to raise acetyls prices in Europe, Middle East and Africa or as contracts...
- UIC growth forecast down. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;6/14/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2104, p9
Reports on the decision of trade group Union des Industries Chimiques' (UIC) to downgrade its forecast of French chemicals output growth for 2004. Reason for the move; Expectation of the UIC on chemicals production; Percentage of its forecast reduction; Factor which influenced overall...
- Germany's Chemicals Output Increases. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/15/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 2, p6
Deals with the increase in Germany's chemicals output in the first half of 2002. Warning issued by the German Chemical Industry Association (VCI) on the output growth; Drop in the foreign sales of German chemicals during the first half; Projected production growth of VCI for the year.
- Iron ore production, prices set new records. // Mining Engineering;Jul2005, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p21
Reports on the status of the iron ore industry as of July 2005. Implications of the price increases of iron ore for the industry; Percentage of an increase in global iron ore production in 2004; Anticipation of iron ore producers for the industry.
- Oil Supply, Demand And Price Outlook. // Venezuela Oil & Gas Report;Q4 2010, p20
The article presents an outlook for oil supply, demand and prices. The 2010 global oil consumption forecast was upgraded to a 2.06% increase while the 2010 global oil production is expected to increase by 2.52%, comprised of a 3.47% surge from Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries...
- Germans forecast growth after two good quarters. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;12/20/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2128, p8
Reports on the predicted production growth of the chemical industry in Germany for 2004. Financial upturn expected by producers for 2005; Percentage of increase in turnover, foreign sales and home sales; Expected increase in output of polymer, inorganics, petrochemicals and consumer chemicals.
- What to Expect in a Year of Recovery. // Chemical Week;1/4/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 1, p18
The article offers an outlook for the chemical industry in 2010. Global output for the chemical sector is predicted to increase by 4.6% and as it continues to recover, gains in global output are expected to continue at 5% in 2011 and 5.2% in 2012. A global manufacturing growth of 1-2% is...
- Cefic sees slower output. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;6/26/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 25, p36
This article reports that European chemicals output will rise in 2006, but growth may slow in 2007, according to revised forecasts made by Cefic. The more optimistic view of growth this year follows a positive first quarter with output and sales up on the previous quarter and above first-quarter...