German bill is set to scupper merger move
- German bill is set to scrap merger move. Williams, Dede // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;5/21/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 20, p12
The article reports on the introduction of a bill to end coal mining in Germany. The bill would affect the possible merger of Lanxess and Degussa. It is set to be approved through parliament, which means a stock launch of Degussa and its parent RAG could take place in 2008. According to Lanxess...
- Lanxess Targets Degussa. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;5/16/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 17, p10
This article states that Lanxess has confirmed its interest in buying Degussa from RAG. RAG plans to divest Degussa as part of the flotation of RAG Beteiligungs-AG, dubbed NewCo, on the stock market in spring 2008. Lanxess chief executive officer (CEO) Axel Heitmann said during a first-quarter...
- A deal driven by ambition. Davis, Nigel // ICIS Chemical Business;5/14/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 66, p5
The article discusses the plan of Axel Heitmann, chief executive offer (CEO) of Lanxess, to acquire rival firm Degussa. It claims that Heitmann's plan is part of his ambition to become a new driving force in the German chemicals industry. It reveals that there is a political aspect to Heitmann's...
- Lanxess pursues Degussa. Williams, Dede // ICIS Chemical Business;5/14/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 66, p4
The article reports that Lanxess chief executive officer (CEO) Axel Heitmann expressed his desire to pursue a merger with Degussa to create a second major German chemical player. Heitmann said that Lanxess would be prepared to offer â‚¬4-6 billion debt-free for Degussa, without private...
- Heitmann to lead Lanxess for another five years. // European Rubber Journal;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 193 Issue 5, p0017
The article announces the appointment of Dr. Axel Heitmann as chairman of Lanxess AG for another five years starting July 1, 2012.
- LANXESS Appoints Heitmaim as Chairman for Five More Years. // Wire & Cable Technology International;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p32
The article announces that doctor Axel C. Heitmann was appointed chairman of the board of management at Lanxess AG.
- LANXESS enabled by financial discipline. CHANG, JOSEPH // ICIS Chemical Business;9/24/2012, Vol. 282 Issue 8, p5
The author discusses profit targets announced by the chemicals company LANXESS at a Media Day event in New York City on September 20, 2012, focusing on financial discipline and investments in polyamide and synthetic rubber production emphasized by chief executive officer (CEO) Axel Heitmann.
- Lanxess chief executive Heitmann to step down, former CFO Zachert named next CEO. RAMESH, DEEPTI // Chemical Week;2/3/2014, Vol. 176 Issue 4, p7
The article reports that chief executive officer (CEO) of specialty chemicals group Lanxess, Axel Heitmann, is resigning, effective February 28, 2014, and will be replaced by chief financial officer (CFO) at pharmaceutical company Merck KGaA, Matthias Zachert, effective May 15, 2014.
- Change of leadership in LANXESS Board of Management. // Paintindia;Feb2014, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p178
The article announces the appointment of Axel C. Heitmann as the new member of and chairman of the Board of Management of specialty chemicals group based in Germany Lanxess AG.