Bid for Hydro collapses
- EU investigates Ineos and Norsk Hydro. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Feb2008, Issue 800, p5
The article reports that the European Competition Commission is investigating Ineos Vinyl and Norsk Hydro Polymers for suspected violations of merger regulations in relation to the sale of Norsk Hydro's polyvinyl chloride (PVC) business to Ineos. Inspectors were investigating whether the...
- Ineos Purchase of Hydro Polymers May Face Antitrust Probe. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;5/30/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 19, p15
The article reports on the decision of Ineos to buy Hydro Polymers, the integrated polyvinyl chloride (PVC) business of Norsk Hydro, for Norwegian Krone (NK)5 in net debt and equity, effective December 31, 2006. Buying Hydro Polymers would reinforce Ineos ChlorVinyls, an Ineos subsidiary, as the...
- Norsk sells polymer unit. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Jun2007, Issue 792, p11
The article reports on the decision of Ineos to acquire Norsk Hydro's polymer unit for $909 million. Norsk decided to make the acquisition in order to implement its plan of becoming an aluminum group with associated hydropower production. According to a statement issued by Ineos, the firm will...
- News Headlines. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Jul2007, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p145
The article presents global news briefs related to business enterprises. European energy commissioner Andris Piebalgs called for the international agreement on energy efficiency. Mechel, a Russian metals and mining company, acquired a further 49 percent stake in Kuzbass Power Sales Co. Norwegian...
- Norsk Hydro to list polymers division. Ovrebekk, Hilde; Bains, Elizabeth; Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;4/30/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 17, p12
The article reports that Hydro Polymers, the holding company for Norsk Hydro's polyvinyl chloride (PVC) business and related products, has applied to list its shares on Oslo Stock Exchange in Norway. The company emphasized that it aimed to publicly list its polymers division on the stock...
- New Norsk Hydro/Statoil Pact Relates to Bid for Saga Petroleum. // Worldwide Energy;Jul99, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p3
Deals with the agreement between Statoil and Norsk Hydro related to Hydro's proposed bid to acquire the Norwegian company Saga Petroleum ASA. Details on the plans of Hydro; Terms of the agreement; Information on Saga Petroleum.
- Linklaters proves M&A prowess with Norsk deal. Pawsey, Vanessa // Lawyer;1/21/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p12
Focuses on the role of Linklaters in the acquisition of VAW aluminum from E.O.N. by Norwegian oil and energy giant Norsk Hydro. List of clients included in Linklaters corporate department; Comment of editor Aled Griffiths on the acquisition; Approval of the European Commission for the merger.
- Norway's Giant is Getting Even Bigger in America. Erdman, Tim // 33 Metalproducing;Apr2000, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p28
Reports the purchase of Wells Aluminum by Norwegian firm Norsk Hydro ASA in the United States. Impact of the merger on the promotion of Norsk Hydro in North America; Construction of a Norsk Hydro ASA recycling plant; Increase in productions sales of extrusion products; Strategies of Norsk Hydro...
- HYDRO, VAW MERGER TO CREATE EUROPE'S LARGEST AL PRODUCER. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Feb2002, Vol. 203 Issue 2, pww 13
Reports the acquisition of VAW Aluminum by Norsk Hydro. Competition among aluminum producers in the European market; Information on the production capacity of Hydro; Details on the company reorganization.