Formosa to debottleneck
- Formosa May Step Up Polycarbonate Completion... // Chemical Week;6/26/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 26, p18
Focuses on the plans of Formosa Chemicals & Fibers to advance the completion of a polycarbonate plant at Mailiao, Taiwan. Background on the plant; Increase in the production capacity of the firm's polycarbonate unit.
- Formosa to Build PTA Plant in China. // Chemical Week;8/24/2002-9/4/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 34, p18
Deals with the plan of Formosa Chemicals and Fibre Corp. to build a world-scale terephthalic acid plant at its Ningbo, China site in 2002.
- Formosa to build PTA line in Taiwan. Kovac, Matt // Chemical Market Reporter;6/26/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 25, p12
The article reports on the plan of Formosa Chemicals & Fiber Corp. to invest on a purified terepthalic acid line at its production complex in Yilan, Taiwan. The facility can also be switched to produce purified m-phthalic acid. Construction work for the chemical plant is expected to be completed...
- Formosa Readies New ABS Plant. // Chemical Week;8/21/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 33, p36
Deals with the plan of Formosa Chemical and Fibre to start production at its acry-Ionitrile butadiene styrene plant in Mailiao, Taiwan in August 2002. Industrial production capacity of the plant.
- GLOBAL ROUNDUP. // Asian Chemical News;1/20/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 386, p4
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry in Asia as of January 20-26, 2003. Reason for the shutdown of Hyundai Petrochemical Company's 500,000 tonne/year No. 1 cracker in Daesan, South Korea; Agreement of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries to raise production to stave-off an...
- Nan Ya plans TDI, BPA, MEG expansions. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;7/14/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 408, p21
Reports on the plan of Nan Ya Plastics to expand its toluene di-isocyanate, bisphenol A and monoethylene glycol capacities in Mailiao, Taiwan as of July 14, 2003. Increase in the planned capacities for the chemicals produced by Nan Ya Plastics; Background on Formosa Chemicals and Fibre Corp.,...
- New construction projects. // Chemical Week;12/11/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 48, p17
Presents updates on the construction projects in the chemical industry in Asia as of December 11, 2002. Plan of Teijin Chemicals to build a polycarbonate plant in Jiaxing, China; Information on the approval given by the Taiwanese government for the construction of a purified terephthalic acid...
- ABB Lummus Global Gets Formosa's Phenol Expansion. // Chemical Week;2/20/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 5, p21
Provides information on a contract awarded to ABB Lummus Global to increase the capacity of Formosa Chemical and Fiber Corporation's phenol plant in Mailiao, Taiwan. Date of the project's completion; Annual capacity planned for the plant.
- Formosa faces protests over ABS plant. McElligott, Suzanne; Young, Ian // Chemical Week;11/22/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 20, p23
Reports the demonstrators besieged the opening of the Formosa Chemicals and Fiber Corp.'s acrylonitrile butadiene stryrene plant in Hsinkang, Taiwan. Complaints on the `foul odor' from the plant.