5-MINUTE AMERICAS WATCH
- news In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/21/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 2, p4
Reports on developments related to the chemical industry in the United States as of July 2003. Appeal of Solutia Inc. to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court; Shutdown of Archer Daniels Midland Co.'s soybean crushing and refining operation in North Kansas City, Missouri; Lump-sum turnkey engineering...
- Elementis Warns Of EU Plant Closures. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/15/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 8, p4
Reports on the plan of Elementis to close two of its five plants in Europe. Compliance with the registration, evaluation and authorization of chemicals; Investment in research and development; Rationalization in the global chromium sector through capacity closures.
- Elementis gains after cutbacks. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;3/3/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2042, p6
Details the financial gains achieved by British specialty chemicals company Elementis from plant closures as of March 2003.
- Elementis set to close its US pigments operation. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;7/4/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2154, p8
Focuses on the decision of U.S. specialty chemicals company Elementis to close most of its pigments manufacturing facilities at Saint Louis, Illinois. Costs to be incurred by Elementis due to the closure; Reason for the closure; Financial performance of Elementis during the first half of 2005.
- NEWSBRIEFS. // Chemical Week;6/1/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 15, p4
This section offers news briefs on the chemical industry. Dow Chemical has decided to permanently close its polystyrene (PS) plant in Bilbao, Spain in the third quarter of 2009. A court approval has been received by polyurethane maker Foamex to sell itself to MatlinPatterson Global Opportunities...
- Elementis warns on profits, sells feeds unit to management. ALPEROWICZ, NATASHA // Chemical Week;12/9/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 47, p17
Reports on the profit warning issued by Elementis chemical company in 1998. Factors that influenced the company's poor performance; Restructuring of the company's pigments business; Plans to sell its animal feed and pig breeding division.
- Elementis Receives Possible Takeover Bid. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;12/11/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 24, p8
Presents information on the takeover bid received by Elementis company from a prospective buyer. Speculations on the takeover bid for the company; Share price of Elementis as of December 2000; Products offered by the company.
- Elementis Puts Itself Up for Sale. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;03/05/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the plan of Elementis chemical company in Great Britain to sell the company. Effort of the company to find a suitable buyer; Details on the shareholders in the company; Performance of the company's stocks.
- Around the State: Central. // njbiz;9/10/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p31
The article presents an update on business in central New Jersey as of September 2007. Foster Wheeler Ltd. announced that it won a contract from GlaxoSmithKline Biologicals for a new biotechnology production facility in Singapore. Rockwood Holdings Inc. completed the $140 million acquisition of...