Lyondell/Basell poised for top five position
- BLAVATNIK'S NEXT BUY? // ICIS Chemical Business;7/2/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 73, p10
The article speculates whether Len Blavatnik, owner of Basell Corp., will acquire Lyondell Chemical Co. After missing an opportunity to acquire GE Plastics, Blavatnik is believed to have set his eyes on Lyondell's acquisition. It is reported that Lyondell shares fell on the news that Huntsman,...
- Untitled. // ICIS Chemical Business;7/30/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 5, p33
The article comments on current merger and acquisition deals in the chemical industry. Values of the deals, as stated, are currently high and have opened up new opportunities for sellers. Basell's owner Len Blavatnik is estimated to be paying $19 billion, 11 times normalized earnings before...
- LEN BLAVATNIK. Chang, Joe // ICIS Chemical Business;12/3/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 21, p13
The article offers information on the business strategies of Len Blavatnik, founder of Access Industries Inc., in expanding its sales and services worldwide. Blavatnik acquired Lyondell Chemical Co. for $19 billion and bought the European polyolefins giant Basell Corp. in 2005. The acquisition...
- NY Area's Largest Publicly Held Companies. // Crain's New York Business;12/19/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 51/52, p0020
The article reports on the decision of industrialist Len Blavatnik to purchase Warner Music Group Inc. for 1.3 billion dollars in December 2011.
- No. 74. // Crain's New York Business;5/23/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 21, p0021
The article reports that Warner Music Group Inc. will be acquired by industrialist Len Blavatnik for 1.3 billion dollars.
- Movers & SHAKERS. // ICIS Chemical Business;7/23/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 4, p12
The article presents information on several notable people in the chemical industry. It reports that founder of Access Industries Inc. Len Blavatnik is purchasing Lyondell Inc. and is planning to produce a global chemical company by adding Lyondell to Basell Corp. It also discusses views of BASF...
- Blavatnik puts Lyondell in play. Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;5/21/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 20, p10
The article focuses on the decision of Access Industries founder Leonard Blavatnik to acquire stake in Lyondell Chemical. For Blavatnik, Lyondell is a strategic investment and he will consider a full range of options. Bank of America analyst Kevin McCarthy says they believe the transaction puts...
- Lyondell Creditors Want Indie Examiner. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;10/12/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 41, p28
The article reports on the court papers filed by LyondellBasell's unsecured creditors in October 2009, seeking an independent examiner to investigate the possible roles of billionaire Len Blavatnik and senior lenders in the 2007 merger of Lyondell and Basell. Particular focus is given on the...
- Lyondell's big deal. WOOD, ANDREW // Chemical Week;1/13/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 2, p19
Features Lyondell Chemical which has grown from a regional refiner and merchant olefins producer into an integrated global petrochemical company through a series of acquisitions and joint ventures. Total sales per year; Chemicals that Lyondell produces; Information on the company.