20 YEARS AGO
- BASF Acquires PET Foam Business from Italian Firm. FRANTZANAS, SOTIRIOS // Chemical Week;3/12/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 8, p21
The article focuses on the acquisition of the polyethylene terephthalate (PET) foam business of the company B.C. Foam of Italy by BASF SE.
- EniChem study supports European restructuring, warns of further pain. Glover, John // Chemical Week;11/3/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 16, p18
Reports on Italy's EniChem's CeRic study of the petrochemicals market. Performance of the European chemical industry between 1991 and 1992; EniChem's reduction of workforce; Factors affecting the downward trend in the petrochemical industry; Forecast of the demand for plastics in 1994.
- EniChem Mulls Restructuring, Abandons Isocyanates, Caprolactam. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;06/26/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 26, p8
Reports on a major restructuring move of EniChem. Why the firm is considering taking full control of Polimeri Europa, a venture with Union Carbide; Two isocyanate plants of EniChem in polyurethanes; Operation that the company plans to sell.
- EniChem: Ready to build up its core. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;2/25/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 7, p52
Features EniChem, the chemicals arm of Italian state energy group ENI, that embarked on a radical restructuring program in 1995. Locations of the company's main facilities; Details on the company's workforce; EniChem's core businesses; Strategies to boost the company's core businesses. INSET:...
- Superhero wanted to rescue industry. // European Chemical News;2/3/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2038, p5
Deals with several controversies over the European chemical industry as of February 2003. Charges of environmental pollution and criminal conspiracy against EniChem executives; Role of the chemical industry in a comic strip by the European Union; Types of individuals who dominate the industry.
- 20 YEARS AGO. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;9/26/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2164, p8
Reports on the varied response of the chemical industry to the rationalisation proposal of ICI and Enichem which could result in capacity reduction in the polyvinyl chloride and vinyl chloride monomer business, published in the September 23, 2005 issue of the periodical "European Chemical News."...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;9/6/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2114, p12
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of September 6, 2004. Plan of Bayer Sheet Europe to increase the price of its Makrolon polycarbonate sheets and Bayloy coloured sheets starting September 13, 2004; Increase in the price of polyethylene terephthalate resins of Equipolymers;...
- BASF Constructs Coatings Plant in China. // China Chemical Reporter;1/6/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p5
Reports on the construction of the polyisocyanate plant by BASF AG in the Shanghai Chemical Industry Park in China. Foreign investment in the Asian chemical industry; Expansion of the worldwide business in coatings raw materials with production plants in the regions; Organizational structure.
- Brussels approves EniChem aid... // Chemical Week;8/3/1994, Vol. 155 Issue 4, p6
Reports that the European Commission has approved state aid to EniChem of Milan, Italy totaling to $1.13 billion during 1992-1993 despite strong objections from some rival chemical companies. Use of the money to cover losses caused by plant closures at EniChem during the past three years;...