- R&H, Ceres Link in Biomass Research. // Chemical Week;5/9/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 16, p6
The article reports on the $1.5 million research grant received by Rohm and Haas and Ceres from the U.S. Department of Agriculture to study the development of plant-based alternatives to methacrylate monomers. According to Rohm and Haas, it will contribute its knowledge in extraction and...
- Rohm and Haas Forms New Unit. Moore, Samuel K. // Chemical Week;9/22/99, Vol. 161 Issue 35, p45
Provides information on a business unit formed by Rohm and Haas for consumer and production specialties, out of its biocides, formulation and chemicals operations. Products to be manufactured by the unit.
- Staying away from mud fights. Richardson, John // Asian Chemical News;3/24/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 394, p8
Reports on the changes to the businesses of Rohm and Haas as of March 2003. Investment in technology; Transactions completed by the company; Comment from the company's chairman and chief executive officer, Raj Gupta on the strategy of the company to strengthen its position in the chemical industry.
- R&H Further Details Restructuring Plan. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;5/30/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 22, p12
Provides information on the restructuring plans of Rohm and Haas. Percentage of the company's employees to be terminated; Comments from Raj Gupta, chairman and chief executive officer of the company.
- Rohm and Haas Embarks on Massive Overhaul. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;5/7/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 19, p3
Reports on the restructuring of Rohm and Haas Co. as of May 7, 2001. Efforts of the chemical company to reduce annual operating costs; Decrease in the earnings of its polymers business group; Effect of the decline in its North American printed wiring board business.
- Rohm and Haas Announces 2Q Profit Shortfall. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/30/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 26, p3
Reports on the financial performance of chemical company Rohm and Haas Co. in the second quarter of 2003 which is short of expectations. Estimated net income; Charges for restructuring and asset impairment.
- Rohm and Haas, Atofina Link in MMA Expansion. // Chemical Week;10/4/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 37, p22
Reports on the agreement between Rohm and Haas (R&H) and Atofina in which Atofina will produce capital to help expand the capacity of the methyl methacrylate (MMA) plant of R&H in Deer Park, Texas. Capacity increase targeted by the agreement; Completion date of the plant's expansion; Ranking of...
- Power Outage Disrupts R&H MMA Supply. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;8/24/2002-9/4/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 34, p40
Deals with the impact of an electric power failure on the methyl methacrylate (MMA) production of Rohm and Haas on August 10, 2002 in Deer Park, Texas. Demand for MMA; Possible decline in profit due to the power failure.
- Atofina and R&H to Expand Deer Park. Chadwick, Keith // Chemical Market Reporter;10/02/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 14, p3
Reports on the agreement between Atofina and Rohm and Haas Company to increase methyl methacrylate (MMA) monomer capacity at Rohm and Haas' monomer plant in Deer Park, Texas. Advantage of the expansion; Sales of Rohm and Haas' monomer business; MMA capacity of both companies; Demand for MMA...