- THE WEEK IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;12/15/2008, Vol. 274 Issue 22, p8
The article presents news briefs related to the chemical industry. Dow Chemical Co. has announced plans to cut 5,000 full-time jobs. Chemicals group INEOS has negotiated debt covenant waiver discussions with its major banks. AkzoNobel NV will shut down parts of its decorative paints production...
- Europe in Brief. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;07/24/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 4, p6
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry in Europe as of July 2000. Price increases launched by Akzo Nobel; Information on the plans of Degussa-Huls to merge all of its construction ceramics businesses; Increase in Dow Chemical's capacity for natural mass acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene...
- NEWSBRIEFS. // Chemical Week;9/14/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 23, p4
This section offers news briefs concerning the chemical sector. Legislators in the California Assembly failed to pass a bill that restricts bisphenol-A (BPA) in certain children's products and food containers. AzkoNobel plans to permanently close a chlor-alkali plant and units making...
- AkzoNobel plans to phase out chemicals production at Deventer (NL) by 2016, site to focus on R&D in future. // Paintindia;Sep2013, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p179
The article reports on the announcement of AkzoNobel in September 2013 that the company plans to phase out the production of organic peroxides at its site in Deventer, the Netherlands by the end of 2016.
- Global Specialty Chemicals. // Specialty Chemicals Industry Profile: Global;Feb2015, p1
A profile of the global specialty chemicals industry as of February 2015 is presented. Topics discussed include the market's value in 2014, the market value forecast to 2019, and the Asia-Pacific component of the global specialty chemicals market value. Also mentioned are the forces that...
- AkzoNobel wins EU approval to buy Dow coating unit. // Paintindia;May2010, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p130
The article reports on European Union (EU) regulatory approval obtained by Dutch chemical firm AkzoNobel in 2010 to purchase the powder coatings unit of American company Dow Chemical.
- REPORTED IN ECN 14 NOVEMBER 2005. // European Chemical News;11/21/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2172, p46
A list of construction projects related to the chemical industry in Europe as of November 21, 2005 is presented, including Akzo Nobel, Eastman Chemical and Dow Chemical.
- CW75 stock performance. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;6/18/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 22, p42
Provides information on the stock market performance of several chemical producers, as of June 2003. Dow Chemicals; Air Products; Akzo Nobel; Lyondell Chemical; Cabot Microelectrics; Millennium Chemicals.
- Chemicals Industry Profile: Sweden. // Chemicals Industry Profile: Sweden;Sep2010, p1
Presents a profile of the Chemicals industry in Sweden. Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in the industry; Market forecasts; Demographics; Further reading.