Rhodia expands on intermediates
- Rhodia plans fine chemicals JV with Ube. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;7/29/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 28, p19
Reports the deal between Rhone-Poulenc's chemicals arm Rhodia company and Ube Industries based in Tokyo, Japan, to build a diphenol derivative guaiacol plant in China. Cost of the plant; Products produced by Rhodia.
- Tough Times for Drug Intermediates. Scott, Alex // Chemical Week;9/24/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 33, p56
Deals with the market condition of the pharmaceutical intermediates business, as of September 2003. Problems facing traditional custom synthesis; Information on the employee downsizing and operating costs reduction move of several chemical companies, including Lonza, Rhodia, and Clariant;...
- Rhodia hikes silica and plans sale of PCC. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;04/13/98, Vol. 253 Issue 15, p5
Reports on Rhodia SA's plans to increase its production of silica and sell its merchant business in precipitated calcium carbonate in Europe.
- Rhodia Acquires cGMP Unit in UK from RPR. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;12/21/98, Vol. 254 Issue 25, p6
Focuses on Europe-based chemical firm Rhodia's expansion of its contract manufacturing activities in pharmaceutical intermediates. Acquisition of a current Good Manufacturing Practice plant from Rhone-Poulenc Rorer; Start of expansion of the firm's fine chemicals operations in Great Britain.
- Rhodia Makes Major Investments in Singapore, China. Van Savage, Eleanor // Chemical Market Reporter;10/02/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 14, p23
Reports on the planned expansion of the regional technical center of specialty chemical producer Rhodia in Singapore. Cost of the expansion project; Percentage of Rhodia's 1999 sales accounted for Asia; Business acquisitions of the company in China.
- Rhodia Warns of Loss. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/08/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 13, p6
Reveals why Rhodia Inc. warned that it expects to post a loss in 2001.
- Rhodia Reorganizes to Focus on Partnership Strategy. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;1/20/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 3, p6
Reports on specialty chemical firm Rhodia Inc.'s partnership with its customers. Benefits of innovation to customers; Levels of revenue and earnings from partnerships; Strengthening of Rhodia's market position through alliances.
- Rhodia outlines specialty chems growth strategy. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;06/08/98, Vol. 253 Issue 23, p8
Reports on Rhodia SA's strategy to build a strong position in the European specialty chemicals business. Rhodia's relations with Rhone-Poulenc; Rhodia's competitive advantages in the industry; Use of group research as a platform for sales growth by the company; Rhodia's current research...
- No need for alarm bells. // ICIS Chemical Business;11/9/2015, Issue 3686, p25
The author addresses the challenges and developments experienced by the European chemical industry. Topics discussed include rising competition outside the region like the U.S. due to its low domestic shale gas prices and the emergence of new markets and production ventures in the Asia Pacific...