PRODUCERS PLEAD FOR MORE OFFSHORE SITES
- Cooper Energy provides report on hydrocarbon indications at Hammamet West-3, Tunisia. // World Energy News;7/8/2013, p8
The article presents an operational update from Cooper Energy Ltd. on the Hammamet West-3 offshore gas well in Tunisia as of July 3, 2013. Topics discussed include the drilling and testing of a highly deviated wellbore through the Abiod Formation to confirm oil productivity, Cooper's role as...
- Regional salt province evaluation aids future exploration. Mehlhop, Andrew // Offshore;Feb2004, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p72
Focuses on salt tectonic style classification as an aid to deep gas exploration within Northern Gulf of Mexico provinces. Primary risk for subsalt and deep exploration in the Flextrend; Patterns of the regional scale salt and sediment interaction.
- Wet gas flow assurance critical. Olsvik, Kenneth // Offshore;Apr2007, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p130
The article reports on the need to increase wet gas flow assurance and production. Oil and gas companies, especially those concentrating on subsea developments, are experiencing increasing pressure not only to discover new fields but also to increase flow assurance and optimize production from...
- Dutch operators anxious to speed production from new discoveries. // Offshore;Apr97, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p172
Reports on the tight-schedule of offshore gas development projects in Netherlands. Production in Elf Petroland's L7-H gas development; NAM's efforts to cut development time at its K14-FB gas production platform; Exploration and appraisal on the Dutch shelf in 1996.
- Shell delays project to boost gas output from Ormen Lange field offshore Norway on costs. // World Energy News;4/14/2014, p15
The article reports on oil firm Royal Dutch Shell PLC's (RDSA) postponement of a project for recovering natural gas from its Ormen Lange offshore field in Norway. It mentions that the delay was made due to high cost and uncertainty on reserves. Furthermore, its chairman Odin Estensen notes the...
- ExxonMobil reported that its Malaysian subsidiary has begun gas production from the Telok field. // World Energy News;3/13/2013, p10
The article announces the start of the gas production of the Malayan subsidiary of ExxonMobil at Telok field located offshore Malaysia in the South China Sea in March 2013.
- Tower Resources Namibian update. // World Energy News;7/8/2013, p25
The article presents oil and gas exploration company Tower Resources PLC's update on its License 010 in the Walvis Basin located offshore Namibia. Topics discussed include the scheduled drilling of the Welwitschia-1 well in February 2014, the use of the new-build Rowan Renaissance rig, and...
- Quantification of gas hydrate and free gas in the Andaman offshore from downhole data. Ojha, Maheswar; Sain, Kalachand // Current Science (00113891);8/25/2013, Vol. 105 Issue 4, p512
Under Expedition-01 of Indian National Gas Hydrate Programme (NGHP Exp-01), drilling/coring was done in 2006 at one site in the Andaman Sea, where the base of gas hydrate stability, coinciding with the bottom simulating reflector (BSR) on seismic section, was observed at 610 m below sea floor...
- Statoil eyes new phase of gas projects. Beckman, Jeremy // Offshore;Apr2000, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p18
Evaluates the development plan filed by Statoil for Heidrun North in the mid-Norwegian Halten Bank. Operations of the company; Investments of the company; Statoil's development option in the area; Contract awarded by Esso to ABB.