Huntsman profits slump
- Specialty Chemicals Profits Surge. // Chemical Market Reporter;5/3/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 18, p3
Reports that specialty chemical producers are enjoying gains in 2004 first quarter earnings as volume gains and pricing momentum continues from the fourth quarter of 2003 in the United States. Earnings per share of Rohmand Haas Co.; Profits of Ferro Corp.; Hercules Inc.'s sales.
- Loblaw Posts Sharp Profit Decline. Springer, Jon // SN: Supermarket News;11/19/2007, Vol. 55 Issue 47, p6
The article reports on the decreased profit posted by retailer Loblaw for the third quarter of the fiscal year 2007. The aggresive price investments of the company sparked an overall sales increase of 1.4% and comparable-store increases of 2.8%, but helped to send operating income down by 37.8%,...
- Arch Chemicals reports first quarter 2009 earnings. // Paintindia;May2009, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p152
The article reports on the sales performance of Arch Chemicals Inc. in the first quarter of 2009. The company has disclosed total sales of $293.7 million for the quarter, compared to $347.1 million for the first quarter of 2008, while earnings per share were at $0.13 per share on $3.2 million of...
- International Power: bleak predictions. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;December 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p128
Reports on the sales forecasting of energy firm International Power in the U.S. and Europe for the year of 2004. Issuance of a profit warning; Identification of projected operating profit; Decline in earnings per share.
- Ecolab Maintains Its Strong Growth. // Chemical Market Reporter;05/01/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 18, p23
Reports on the earnings-per-share growth of Ecolab Inc., an industrial and institutional cleaning products and services company, in the first quarter of 2000. Earnings per share for the quarter; Total sales for the quarter; Net income for the quarter.
- Bayer profits up, spin-off on track, reorganization pending. // Chemical Week;3/2/2015, p13
The article focuses on the quarterly and annual sales performance of chemical and health care product manufacturer Bayer according to its report in February 2015. Topics discussed include various key indicators including its net income, earnings before interest taxes (Ebit), and earnings per...
- Ann Taylor Net Halved in Third Qtr. Derby, Meredith // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/11/2004, Vol. 188 Issue 102, p16
Reports the lower earnings of Ann Taylor Stores Corp. despite another quarter of strong sales at its Loft division in the third quarter in 2004. Total Earnings for the quarter ended October 30, 2004; Earnings per share; Revenues for the period; Increase in consolidated same-store sales.
- ZALE NET RISES SLIGHTLY. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/23/2007, Vol. 193 Issue 41, p2
The article reports on the increase in the second-quarter earnings of Zale Corp., on sales that climbed to $1 billion. The company's results were affected by changes in accounting procedures related to accounting for gold and silver contracts and jewelry protection plans. Zale Corp. expects...
- Talbots Slashes Forecast After Soft Sales in April. Young, Vicki M. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/4/2007, Vol. 193 Issue 96, p14
The article reports on the revision of the earnings of Talbots Inc. for the first quarter of 2007. The company revised its first-quarter earnings per share downward to the range of 7 cents to 11 cents, from an expectation of 36 cents to 43 cents. Same-store sales were also expected to be...