Economic growth is top priority for WEF
- World Economic Forum in Jordan. Lancaster, Pat // Middle East;Jul2007, Issue 380, p37
The article reports on the issues discussed at the fourth World Economic Forum in Jordan's Dead Sea resort. The discussion at the forum concentrated particularly on the problematic issues faced by the Middle East and their possible solutions. The names of a few of the participants are also...
- The New South: Latin America Offers Trade for Asia and Opportunities for Global Companies. Bamrud, Joachim // Latin Trade (English);Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p72
The article discusses the highlights of the Bravo Council meeting held during the 2010 World Economic Forum on Latin America in Cartagena, Colombia. The rising influence of Brazil in the Latin American region, as well as the economic growth posted by Colombia, were discussed. The meeting also...
- Asia, Europe, and India Are Bursting Out of the Blocks in Global Race to Compete. Haley, Nikki // South Carolina Business;Jan2008, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p25
The author comments on the widening "innovation gap" between the U.S. and emerging Asian and European powers which is threatening the U.S.' sustained economic vitality in a swiftly evolving global marketplace. He says that Asian and European nations are hungry to compete, and they are making the...
- At Davos, India Emerges as Strong Investment Destination. Jha, Barun // India -- West;2/3/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 11, pA34
The article reports on the performance of India at the World Economic Forum summit held in Davos, Switzerland, on January 29, 2012, in which India has been praised by other participating countries for maintaining a fine balance between democratic processes and economic growth.
- Economic growth is top priority for WEF. Cheok Soh Hui // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;5/7/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 18, p16
The article reports on the World Economic Forum of government and company leaders from Middle East countries in Jordan. The agenda of the forum focused on industry diversification, job creation and economic growth in the Middle East. Diversification of oil and gas companies of the Gulf...
- Implications for marketers. // Market: Latin America;May2008, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p5
Information about several topics discussed at the World Economic Forum on Latin America meeting that was held in Cancun, Mexico in April 2008 is presented. The event addressed issues on the ineffective traditional "trickle down" approach in combating poverty and the successful social innovation...
- Hanging out with the Masters of the Universe at Davos. Rossant, John // Campaign;2/11/2011, Issue 6, p16
The article reports on the meeting of top chief executives at the Annual Meeting of the World Economic Forum in the Swiss Alps, Switzerland on January 30, 2011. It mentions that the executives have presented their insights on the condition of the world economy in 2011. It states that the forum...
- The 2008 WEF Africa, Cape Town Challenges and opportunities. // African Business;Jun2008, Issue 343, p36
The article offers information on the 18th World Economic Forum on Africa, which will be held in June 2008, in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Mountain summit. // Director;Dec2012/Jan2013, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p14
The article focuses on what television viewers can expect from global business news channel CNBC's coverage of the World Economic Forum's December 2012 annual meeting in Davos, Switzerland.