Japan legal change set to boost M&A
- Innovations and Merger Decisions in the Pharmaceutical Industry. Morgan, Eleanor J. // Review of Industrial Organization;Sep2001, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p181
Provides a comparative analysis of approaches to innovational competition taken by the European Union and the United States in a sample of three major pharmaceutical mergers. Dynamic effects of mergers on innovation; Focus of EU and US merger policies on the possible adverse effects on market...
- FINLAND: Country Conditions: Investment Climate. // Political Risk Yearbook: Finland Country Report;2006, p29
The article discusses investment prospects for Finland. The country is said to be open to foreign investment. Domestic and European Union competition regulations govern mergers and acquisitions. The government relies on condition-providing policies in regulating businesses, including...
- Parent trap. Garwin, Arthur // ABA Journal;Sep93, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p116
Discusses the problems faced by lawyers involving the merger and consolidation of corporate defendant and the represented plaintiff. Conflicts of interest generated by corporate mergers and acquisitions; Case studies discussing the legal implications of mergers and consolidations; Ethical and...
- Cratered Deals Beget More Litigation Deal Pros Note the Trend, but Put It in Context of Current Market. Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;8/20/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 33, pN.PAG
Discusses several legal issues related to breakup of merger and acquisition of corporations in the United States. Comments from several industry analyst on litigation related to merger deal breakups; Experience of several lawyers related to legal issues of merger deals.
- Acquisition law. // Reporter;Jun92, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p15
Discusses the acquisition law in the United States, highlighting a number of cases. Removal of asbestos from two medical centers; Solicitation by the General Accounting Office.
- Acquisition law. Cavanaugh, William D. // Reporter;Sep92, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p10
Presents information as it pertains to acquisition law in the United States. Information on the reminders for the legal community of the ground rules in handling conflict of interest with regards contracting officers (COs); What is required of COs by the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR);...
- Ohio adds muscle to anti-takeover law. Suttell, Scott // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/22/97, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p11
Focuses on changes to Ohio's Control Share Acquisition Act, which are expected to protect companies in the state from hostile takeovers. Effective date of the amendments passed by the Ohio General Assembly; Comments by John W. Edwards, a partner at the Cleveland law firm of Jones, Day, Reavis,...
- State takeover legislation: The political defense. Mallette, Paul; Spagnola, Robert // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Summer94, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p15
Discusses state legislation regarding corporate takeovers. Difference of takeovers during the 1980s and 1990s; Consequences of takeovers for management; State takeover regulation; Nationwide profile of state takeover legislation; Implications and strategies for managers in the 1990s.
- Shark repellant charter and bylaw provisions. Freeman, David S. // Journal of Corporation Law;Spring91, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p491
Provides an outline of charter and bylaw provisions that a potential target company may consider adopting to discourage unsolicited takeover bids. Board of directors; Shareholder action; Interested/significant shareholders; Fair price; Right of redemption; Disparate voting rights plans;...