- Asia watch. Kovac, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;5/7/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 18, p14
This section offers news briefs on the Asian chemical industry. Polyester producer Far Eastern Textile posted an 837 percent year-on-year increase in 2007 first-quarter operating profits. Professor Du Jong Lee has warned that Taiwan needs to alter its economic structure to ensure biofuels and...
- Yizheng dominates polyesters. Hariharan, Malini // Asian Chemical News;4/5/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 440, p18
Announces that Yizheng Chemical Fibre dominated the Chinese polyester industry in 2003. Growth in the company's net profit; Data on Yizheng's chemical capacities; Decrease in the company's labour costs; Information on the financial performance of various Chinese chemical companies.
- Polyester Sheet Special Materials Produced in Yizheng. // China Chemical Reporter;10/16/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p14
Reports on Yizheng Chemical Fiber Co. Ltd.'s development of environment-friendly polyester sheet special materials. Expansion of the application of polyester bottle sheets; Market prospect for polyester sheet special materials; Yizheng's establishment of a research team of polyester sheet...
- Asia-Pacific Report. Carroll, Susan // Chemical Market Reporter;06/21/99, Vol. 255 Issue 25, p21
Presents news briefs on chemical industry in Asia and Pacific region as of June 1999. Joint venture deal between Toray Industries Inc. and Yizheng Chemical Fibre Group; Election of independent stockholder of Jilin Chemical Industrial Co. regarding the occasional purchases of the firm.
- Four firms to merge into petrochemical giant. // Chemical Business;Sep97, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p67
Announces that the Yizheng Chemical Fibre and three of its suppliers are to merge, forming a Chinese petrochemical business. Assets of the companies; Products to be supplied by the Yizheng Chemical and its supplier to the world's fourth largest polyester producer.
- Yizheng Announces Job Cuts; SInopec's Chemicals Return to Profit. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;4/16/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 14, p16
Reveals the layoff plans of Yizheng Chemical Fibre Co. through 2005. Total number of jobs that will be eliminated; Target annual cost reduction of Yizheng from the move; Decline in the profit posted by the company in 2002; Factors attributed to the profit decline.
- Amoco, ICI buy stakes in polyester maker. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;3/16/1994, Vol. 154 Issue 10, p18
Reports on Amoco Chemical and ICI's investment for stakes in Yizheng Chemical Fibre, China's largest polyester fiber maker. Yizheng's initial public offering of shares in Hong Kong; Companies' provision of purified terephthalic acid for polyester production.
- Sinopec Subsidiaries Post Higher Earnings. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;5/11/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 16, p13
Reports on the financial performance of Sinopec's chemical business in the first quarter of 2005. Increases in ethylene production and plastics output; Profits posted by several petrochemical subsidiaries of Sinopec for the period; Decline in first-quarter net earnings of polyester producer...
- More Chinese Firms Issue Warnings. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;8/8/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 30, p15
Reports the profits of several petrochemical companies in China for the first half of 2001. Decrease in the net profit of Sinopec subsidiaries Shanghai Petrochemical (SPC) and Yizheng Chemical Fibre; Percentage ownership of Sinopec in SPC and Yizheng; Reason for the decline in the petrochemical...