STATES LAG BEHIND ON POLLUTION RULES
- Increased awareness of global warming and carbon footprints will be major trend. Eden, Richard // Electronics Weekly;Feb2008, Issue 2321, p10
The article reports that increased awareness of environmental impact will be a major trend for electronic industries in 2008. The media attention to global warming and dwindling energy resources are starting to affect the way consumers select and use electronic products. The twin demands for...
- European Directive on Strategic Environmental Assessment. // Journal of Environmental Law;2002, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p131
Discusses the European Commission's Directive on Strategic Environmental Assessment. Extension of environmental assessment to the types of plans and programs that form an underlying context for specific projects; Aim of the directive.
- MEDIO AMBIENTE. // Actualidad Juridica (1578-956X);2006, Issue 13, p156
No abstract available.
- BUSINESS TRAVEL. Davis, Tricia Holly // Travel Weekly (UK);5/18/2007, p68
The article reports on the increasing popularity of the issue of carbon offsetting as airlines and corporations face pressure to reduce the environmental impact of their operations as of May 2007. The question at the center of the debate is whether the sustainable development projects funded...
- Riposte. Benson, John F. // Impact Assessment & Project Appraisal (Beech Tree Publishing);Dec2003, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p280
Responds to comments on a paper on the environmental impact assessment (EIA) directive of the European Union. Weaknesses of EIA; Assessment of the environmental effects of a project; Issues related to the legal implementation of the directive.
- Global Environmental Directives Impact CNY Manufactures. Tyson, Robert R. // Business Journal (Central New York);1/12/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p7
The article presents the author's comment on the impact of stringent environmental directives of China and Europe on the functioning of Central New York (CNY) manufacturers. He analysed how Directive on the Restriction of Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment...
- Implementation of the EU Directive on Environmental Impact Assessment in the Czech Republic: How Long Can the Wolf Be Tricked? Tomoszkova, Veronika // Journal of Energy, Climate & the Environment;2015, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p451
After the Velvet Revolution in 1989, the former Czechoslovakia experienced the most enthusiastic wave of environmental law drafting in its history. The Czech Act on Environmental Impact Assessment ("EIA Act") was among the first new environmental statutes adopted already in 1992 with the...
- Implementation of Legal Requirements for Energy Using Products (EuPs) in Lithuanian Industry: Problems and Possibilities. Gurauskienė, Inga; Varžinskas, Visvaldas // Environmental Research, Engineering & Management;2010, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p48
Energy using products (EuPs) are of great concern, because of their proliferation in every-day activity and environmental impact through their life cycle. The greatest share of environmental impact is related to energy use in the usage stage. The new legal requirements implemented in the EU are...
- Is the Eco-label EU Decision for hard coverings really capable of capturing the environmental performances of the marble productive chain? A field verification by means of a life cycle approach. Capitano, Cinzia; Peri, Giorgia; Rizzo, Gianfranco // International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment;May2014, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p1022
Purpose: This work intends to show whether the Eco-label EU Decision for hard coverings, in which marble is contemplated among hard coverings as a natural product, is really capable of capturing the environmental performances of the marble productive chain, in other words whether it is actually...