Activists arrested in European raids
- Animal Rights Activists Arrested in Major British Sweep. // Intelligence Report;Fall2007, Issue 127, p58
The article reports on the arrest of several animal rights activists in Great Britain in May 2007 for alleged burglaries and conspiracy to blackmail. Most of those arrested were associated with Stop Huntingdon Animal Cruelty (SHAC). An eight-year campaign to shut down Huntingdon Life Sciences...
- Campaigners fight to clear "Tokyo Two" in Whaling Case. McNeill, David // Asia-Pacific Journal: Japan Focus;12/15/2008, Issue 50, p2
The article reports on the arrest of Greenpeace activists Sato Junichi and Suzuki Taru for taking a 23-kilogram box of whale meat from a delivery company warehouse. Their arrest marks the last salvo in the bitter war between anti-whaling campaigners and Japan's authorities. Tensions between the...
- US: Activists arrested for feeding homeless. // Green Left Weekly;6/22/2011, Issue 884, p16
The article reports on the arrest of five activists from behind a makeshift buffet able at Lake Eola Park in Orlando, Florida for violating city restrictions on feeding the homeless.
- Arrested Greenpeace activists arrive in St. Petersburg. Interfax // Russia & FSU General News;11/12/2013, p1
ST. PETERSBURG. Nov 12 (Interfax) - A train from Murmansk with 30 arrested Greenpeace Arctic Sunrise activists onboard has arrived at the St. Petersburg Ladozhsky terminal, an Interfax correspondent reports.
- Squirreling around. // Outdoor Life;Nov94, Vol. 194 Issue 5, p14
Reports on a New York City animal rights group demanding that the state cut back its squirrel hunting season. Reasons; Statistics on squirrel hunting.
- Duty and the BEAST. Steintrager, Megan // Restaurant Business;6/15/2002, Vol. 101 Issue 11, p20
Focuses on the actions of animal-rights group against the food services and practices of restaurants in the U.S. Objectives of animal-rights groups; Food offerings of Heat and Mirai restaurants; Details on political activities of People for the Ethical Treatment for Animals.
- Anti-fur groups set fall offensive. Perman, Stacy // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/23/1993, Vol. 166 Issue 101, p2
Focuses on activities of animal rights groups. Campaign by the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals; Slogans; Topless march; Impact on sales of fur items.
- Animal activists get violent. Knickerbocker, Brad // Christian Science Monitor;8/29/97, Vol. 89 Issue 193, p1
Reports on the actions of animal-rights activists in the United States as of 1997. The increasing number of attacks by activists; The radical Animal Liberation Front; Comments from researcher Barry Clausen; Examples of serious attacks in Oregon in 1997; Number of attacks directed against the...
- Animal passion. Reed, Susan; Carswell, Sue // People;1/18/93, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p34
Presents an exclusive `People' interview with the animal-rights movement's militant `Valerie.' Discusses the real violence against animals done by people in labs; The US Animal Liberation Front (ALF); Listed as a terrorist organization by the FBI; ALF targets experiments that cause pain or...