5-MINUTE AMERICAS WATCH
- Rohm and Haas to Sell European Auto Coatings Business. // Finishing Today;Jun2007, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p13
The article reports on the definitive agreement of Rohm and Haas Co., manufacturer of specialty chemicals serving global industries, to sell its European Automotive Coatings business to MÃ¤der Group, an independent manufacturer of high-technology industrial paints and coatings in Germany. The...
- Canadian Income Funds Seek More Chemical Acquisitions. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;11/10/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the emergence of income funds in the chemical industry mergers and acquisitions in Canada. Operations of Chemtrade Logistics Income Fund and Superior Plus Income Fund in the industry; Advantages and disadvantages of Canadian income funds as acquirers of business; Trends and...
- Roundup. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/25/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 26, p3
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of June 25, 2001. Closure of the manufacturing of adhesive and sealants products and organic specialties products at the Moss Point, Mississippi chemical facility of Rohm and Haas Co.; Agreement of Merck KGaA to purchase Mohan Medicine Research...
- Good reason for optimism. Viswanathan, Prema; Richardson, John // Asian Chemical News;1/13/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 385, following p14
Outlines the importance of the acquisition of Kureha Chemical's worldwide plastic additives operations by Rohm and Haas. Effect of the acquisition on the sales of Rohm; Expansion made by Rohm to its plastic additives business; Advantages received by the company from the Kureha acquisition.
- Chemical giant seeks route into speciality market. // Nature;7/17/2008, Vol. 454 Issue 7202, p265
This article discusses the acquisition of the chemical company Rohm and Haas Co. by the Dow Chemical Co. This acquisition is taken as a signal that Dow is moving away from bulk chemicals and toward the specialty chemical industry. The premium that Dow will pay on the Rohm and Haas stock price is...
- Canadian Firm Acquires Clariant's Sodium Hydrosulfite Business. Sewald, Nancy // Chemical Week;12/11/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 48, p13
Presents information on the acquisition of the sodium hydrosulfite business of Clariant in the U.S. by Toronto, Ontario-based Chemtrade Logistics. Value of the acquisition; Terms of the acquisition deal; Background on sodium hydrosulfite.
- Chemtrade Acquires Sodium Chlorate Business. // Chemical Market Reporter;8/4/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 3, p2
Reports on the acquisition of B.C. Chemicals Ltd. by Chemtrade Logistics, a Canadian sulfuric acid producer. Value of the deal; Terms of the deal; Benefit of the deal for both companies.
- One step beyond. Harries-Rees, Karen // European Chemical News;8/4/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2064, p22
Reports on the plan of Raj Gupta, chairman and CEO of Rohm and Haas, to expand the presence of the company in China as of August 2003. Impact of the economic problems in the U.S. on the chemical sector; Acquisitions undertaken by the company; Information on its business divisions.
- Electronic Chemical Suppliers Get a New Line-Up. // Chemical Week;6/28/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 25, p36
Details the merger and acquisition activity of several electronic chemical suppliers in the United States following a market recession in the semiconductor industry in 1998 to 1999. Details on the acquisition strategy of Rohm and Haas company; Deals made by ATMI company; Factors that limit...