As one star rises, another wanes
- Features. // ICIS Chemical Business;12/14/2015, Issue 3694, p17
The article profiles industrialist Jim Ratcliffe and mentions topics such as his role as chief executive officer of chemical company Ineos Group, his thoughts on the future of Europe's chemical sector, and investments in North Sea exploration.
- Ineos Buys U.K. Ethyl Acetate and Vinyl Acetate Business from BP. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;1/21/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 2, p13
This article reports on the decision of the Ineos to acquire the ethyl acetate and vinyl acetate monomer (VAM) business of BP in Great Britain. The deal includes ethyl acetate and VAM plants in Hull, England and an ethylene pipeline connecting the Hull complex to an olefins plant at Wilton,...
- Ineos Confirms Plans for Ethylene Plant in Germany. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;6/8/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 19, p19
Reports on the plans of Ineos for an ethylene plant at its Wilhelmshaven, Germany site. Estimated cost of the plans; Presentation of the plans by CEO Jim Ratcliffe during a meeting in Hanover; Background on the chlor-alkali plant that is included in the plans.
- Pick of the posts. // PrintWeek;11/11/2013, p28
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to a statement made by Jim Ratcliffe, chairman of petrochemical firm Ineos Group Ltd. in November 2013 that the current business and regulatory environment in Great Britain is hostile to manufacturing businesses.
- BP to sell Innovene to Ineos for $9bn. // Process Engineering;Oct2005, Vol. 86 Issue 10, p4
The article reports that British Petroleum Co. PLC will sell Innovene Inc. to specialty petrochemical firm Ineos PLC in Great Britain. Innovene is British Petroleum's olefins, derivatives and refining group. Subject to regulatory approvals, the sale includes all Innovene's manufacturing sites in...
- Ineos. ALPEROWICZ, NATASHA // Chemical Week;9/21/2015, Vol. 177 Issue 24, p25
The article offers the insights of Jim Ratcliffe, an entrepreneur who founded chemicals company Ineos, regarding his plans for the company. Topics discussed include the plan of the company to enter the business in Great Britain with investment to explore shale gas, company's project in Europe...
- Ineos Planning to Sell Assets? Alperowicz, Natasha; Young, Ian // Chemical Week;10/13/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 32, p6
The article reports on the decision of Ineos not to comment on reports regarding its plan to sell some of its assets to reduce debt. Ineos is a privately owned company controlled by chief executive officer (CEO) Jim Ratcliffe. The company generated sales of $44 billion last 2007. Ineos appointed...
- TOP 40? // ICIS Chemical Business;12/18/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 47, p18
The article presents the Top 40 power players in the international chemicals industry. Jim Ratcliffe, group chairman of INEOS, is named the most influential person in the industry after his mega-acquisition of the Innovene petrochemicals business for $9 billion at the end of 2005. Mohamed...
- INEOS does two PVC deals. Baker, John; Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;5/28/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 21, p12
The article reports on the acquisition of the chlor-alkali-o-polyvinyl chloride business of Norsk Hydro ASA by INEOS in 2007. It is noted that the deal strengthens the position of INEOS in the vinyl market. The business was named Kerling. According to INEOS chief executive officer Jim Ratcliffe,...