Bronchiolitis Obliterans Organizing Pneumonia
- Mortality in ICU patients with bacterial community-acquired pneumonia: when antibiotics are not enough. Rodriguez, Alejandro; Lisboa, Thiago; Blot, Stijn; Martin-Loeches, Ignacio; Solé-Violan, Jorge; De Mendoza, Diego; Rello, Jordi // Intensive Care Medicine;Mar2009, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p430
It remains uncertain why immunocompetent patients with bacterial community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) die, in spite of adequate antibiotics. This is a secondary analysis of the CAPUCI database which was a prospective observational multicentre study. Two hundred and twelve immunocompetent patients...
- Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy and Septal Ablation. Steinbis, Susan // Critical Care Nurse;Jun2003, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p47
Presents a case study on hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy (HOCM) and septal ablation. Medical history of the patient; Pathophysiology of HOCM; Diagnostic procedures for HOCM; Treatment modalities.
- Diabetic ketoacidosis... This article is based on NS540 Jerreat L (2010) Managing diabetic ketoacidosis. Nursing Standard. 24, 34, 49-55. Gibbs, Catherine // Nursing Standard;9/29/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p59
A learning zone article improved Catherine Gibbs's knowledge of diabetic ketoacidosis.
- YoÄŸun BakÄ±m HemÅŸirelerinin VentilatÃ¶r Ä°liÅŸkili PnÃ¶moni ile Ä°lgili Bilgilerinin DeÄŸerlendirilmesi. Akıncı, Canan; Çakar, Nahit; Ayyıldız, Aykut; Atalan, H. Korkut; Ayyıldız, Aylin // Journal of the Turkish Anaesthesiology & Intensive Care Society ;Jan2010, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p45
Aim: The aim of this study is to assess the knowledge of intensive care unit (ICU) nurses about evidence-based guidelines for the prevention of ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP). Material and Methods: In this study a validated multiple-choice questionnaire was used to evaluate the knowledge...
- Nursing patients with ARDS in the prone position. Harcombe, Christine J. // Nursing Standard;1/21/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p33
This article examines the main features of acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), including the pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, complications and treatment. Patients with ARDS are critically ill and require close monitoring and mechanical ventilation in an intensive care unit. The...
- Prone positioning in acute respiratory failure: survey of Belgian ICU nurses. Léonet, Stéphanie; Fontaine, Cindy; Moraine, Jean-Jacques; Vincent, Jean-Louis // Intensive Care Medicine;May2002, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p576
Objective.To determine the frequency of use and attitudes towards prone positioning in patients with acute respiratory failure. Design and setting.Verbal questionnaire survey in all 79 intensive care units in French-speaking Belgium. Methods.Of the 79 ICUs 29 performed prone-positioning, and 25...
- Comparison of timing and decision-makers of do-not-resuscitate orders between thoracic cancer and non-cancer respiratory disease patients dying in a Japanese acute care hospital. Fujimoto, Kosuke; Minami, Seigo; Yamamoto, Suguru; Ogata, Yoshitaka; Koba, Taro; Futami, Shinji; Nishijima, Yuh; Yaga, Moto; Masuhiro, Kentaro; Komuta, Kiyoshi // Supportive Care in Cancer;Jun2014, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p1485
Purpose: The aim of the study was to compare timing and decision-makers of do-not-resuscitate (DNR) orders between patients with end-stage thoracic cancer and non-cancer respiratory diseases in a Japanese acute care hospital. Methods: This study retrospectively reviewed the medical records of...
- Antibiotic Prescribing. Flanders, Scott; Gonzales, Ralph // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Feb2002, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p160
Editorial. Assesses the issues on antibiotic prescribing for the treatment of community-acquired pneumonia in the U.S. Aspects of antibiotic treatment; Examination of antibiotic resistance; Factors influencing the choice of antibiotic treatment.
- LETTERS. Marras, T.K.; Chan, C.K.; Loeb, Mark; McGeer, Allison; Simor, Andrew // Clinical & Investigative Medicine;Jun2002, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p63
Presents a discussion on an observational study on the use of antibiotic guidelines for pneumonia in chronic-care facilities. Details of the study; Recommendations issued by the commentators; Reaction of the authors to the commentary.