Electrocardiography Course Revisions Improve Students' Test Scores
- ECG interpretation: part 1. // Nursing Standard;11/25/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p58
A quiz for nurses concerning electrocardiogram interpretation is presented.
- Write a practice profile. // Nursing Standard;11/25/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p60
Instructions on writing a practice profile regarding the article in this issue, "An introduction to electrocardiogram interpretation: part 1," for certificate of learning credit is presented.
- Interactive Videoconference Supported Teaching in Undergraduate Nursing: A Case Study for ECG. Celikkan, Ufuk; Senuzun, Fisun; Sari, Dilek; Guneri Sahin, Yasar // Journal of Educational Technology & Society;Jan2013, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p286
This paper describes how interactive videoconference can benefit the Electrocardiography (ECG) skills of undergraduate nursing students. We have implemented a learning system that interactively transfers the visual and practical aspects of ECG from a nursing skills lab into a classroom where the...
- An introduction to electrocardiogram interpretation: part 1. Woodrow, Philip // Nursing Standard;11/25/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p50
This article describes how to interpret the single-lead electrocardiogram (ECG). The author also describes cardiac electrophysiology and how this is represented by ECG graphs. Part 2 of this article, to be published next week, will describe 12-lead ECGs and acute coronary syndromes.
- Involving Nurses in IT Training. Hoppszallern, Suzanne // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Apr2011, Vol. 85 Issue 4, p28
The article presents several charts which provide information on information technology training for nurses, including one on nurses that are dedicated to full time information technology training, one on nurses that are dedicated to part time information technology training and one on...
- Course recognises EN haemodialysis contribution. // Australian Nursing Journal;Sep2002, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p27
Reports that enrolled nurses working at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Adelaide, South Australia have completed a hemodialysis course in September 2002. Information on the course.
- Clinical education unit opens. // Australian Nursing Journal;Sep2003, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p28
Reports the opening of a clinical nursing education unit at Bega Valley Hospital in New South Wales in September 2003.
- Finding the balance in post graduate education. Kelly, Jo // Australian Nursing Journal;Apr2008, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p37
The article focuses on the Post Graduate Certificate of Emergency Nursing offered by Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital (SCGH) in Perth, Western Australia which was developed and supported by stakeholders to meet industry needs for experienced, educated and clinically competent emergency nurses. The...
- Human resources. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;11/20/94, Vol. 68 Issue 22, p20
Reports on a study made by the American Academy of Nursing (AAN) stating that hospitals that recognize and institute excellent nursing care by registered nurses have lower mortality rates among elderly patients. Examination of hospital mortality rates; Study's implications of how health care...