More Phonics Instruction Equals Higher Costs For Publishers On Texas Conforming List
- Social studies curriculum includes a list prominent figures of diverse backgrounds. Lowe, Gail // East Bernard Express (TX);2/4/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on the decisions of State Board of Education (SBOE) that social studies curriculum standards would include the works and contributions of notable people like Cesar Chavez and Thurgood Marshall in Texas.
- HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW YOUR STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION? Vine, Katy // Texas Monthly;Oct2008, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p158
A quiz about the Texas State Board of Education is presented.
- The price of liberty: education and eternal vigilance. Johnston, Peter // East Bernard Express (TX);11/13/2008, Vol. 65 Issue 46, p4
The article discusses the author's experience of running for the Texas State Board of Education and his opinions regarding education and liberty.
- Lawmakers May Consider Removing Texas PSF From Board of Ed Oversight. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;06/16/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30914, p3
Discusses the possibility that the Texas Legislature could consider a proposal to take away the State Board of Education's oversight of the Texas Permanent School Fund (PSF). Aim to minimize role of politics in the management of the fund; Need to amend the constitution; Infighting among board...
- Appointment to state board given to Haskell teacher. Jill Druesedow. // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);4/5/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p1
The announces the appointment of English and journalism high schoolteacher, Jill Druesedow, to the Texas State Board for Educator Certification by Governmor Rick Perry.
- Daniel Boone Seeking Position on State Board of Education. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);11/4/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p2
The article reports on the announcement of retired Air Force Lieutenant Colonel Daniel Boone to run for a position in the State Board of Education of District 5 in Texas.
- New Managers Hired for Texas Permanent School Fund. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;09/19/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30978, p32
Reports that the Texas State Board of Education has replaced controversial money managers for the 22 billion dollar Texas Permanent School Fund. Bonds issued by school districts in the state; Additional trading commissions for new managers; Firing of a controversial money management firm for...
- Abolish the State Board of Education? Mann, Dave // Texas Observer: A Journal of Free Voices;3/5/2010, Vol. 102 Issue 5, p3
The article offers information on the three-day meeting of the Texas' State Board of Education which will be held on March 9, 2010.
- PSF May Fund Charters. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/11/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33314, p9
The article reports on the plan of a Texas State Board of Education committee to look into a proposal that will invest 100 million dollars of the 22.1 billion dollars Permanent School Fund (PSF) in new buildings for charter schools.