- Global Wireless. // RCR Wireless News;1/17/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p17
Presents news briefs on the wireless telecommunications industry as of January 2005. Sale of Latin American wireless operations by BellSouth Corp. to Telefonica Moviles SA; Acquisition of gaming developer MindX by the Mobile Media Co.; Reason behind the decision of Nokia Corp. to layoff...
- Music To Mobile User's Ears. Sila, Stacey // Global Telephony;Nov2001, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p10
Presents wireless music service of Telefonica Movistar. Features of the wireless service; Agreement between Telefonica Moviles Espana and Musiwap; Description of Musiwap wireless services.
- Breaking News. // Wireless Week;03/06/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p5
Presents news briefs on wireless communication as of March 2000. Initial public offering of Repeater Technologies; Yellow and White Pages by Nokia and infoUSA.com; Banking platform for real-time account access by USABancShares.com.
- Telefonica Shows Off Its Mexico Investment Plans. // Latin America Monitor: Mexico Monitor;Aug2003, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p8
Reports that Telefonica Moviles has chosen Nokia to supply the radio-access system for its launched global system for mobile communication network in Mexico. Details on the award of the contract; Expected subscriber-base of Telefonica Moviles in Mexico by the end of 2003.
- Worm Casts Long Shadow. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;06/12/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the mobile phone virus that purportedly hit Spain's Telefonica Moviles in June 2000. Description on the potential damage viruses can cause on wireless networks; Concern on the use of viruses; Confidence in the ability of wireless technology developers in dealing with the virus threat.
- Telefonica Moviles completes Pegaso integration. // RCR Wireless News;9/16/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p24
Reports on the completion of the integration of Mexican wireless operator Grupo Pegaso company into the operations of Telefonica Moviles SA as of September 16, 2002. Value of the acquisition of Grupo Pegaso by Telefonica.
- Ericsson wins GSM contract in Mexico. // RCR Wireless News;6/2/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p13
Reports on the contract signed by Ericsson with Telefonica Moviles of Mexico. Wireless equipment to be supplied by Ericsson.
- Quam and get it: Telefonica launches new mobile brand. // Latin America Telecom;Dec2013, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p2
The article reports on Quam, a new mobile brand launched by wireless communication services provider Telefonica Moviles Argentina which is intended for young people aged between 16 and 20 years old.
- Nokia wins GPRS contracts. // RCR;11/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p26
Focuses on Spain-based Telefonica Moviles' signing of an agreement with Nokia Corp. to deploy a General Packet Radio Services core network.