Geoworks Doggedly Pursues New E-commerce Services
- Geoworks Premion adds data to existing phones. Bruno, Antony // RCR;11/23/98, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p18
Reports that Geoworks Inc. has introduced the Premion Interface+, a software solution that allows carriers to add enhanced data services to otherwise voice-only telephones. Product features; Includes flexible user interface; Over-the-air applications; Carrier branding opportunities.
- Geoworks product enables smart phone users to store data. Bruno, Anthony // RCR;07/14/97, Vol. 16 Issue 28, p19
Annouces that a data backup and storage product for smart phone users is being offered by Geoworks company which was developed by its Wireless Content and Service Division. What are the features of the software; Information on the service division; Comments from Grover Righter, vice president...
- Awaiting a profit. Silverthorne, Sean // PC Week;6/26/95, Vol. 12 Issue 25, pA/8
Features Geoworks. Targeting of personal digital assistants (PDAs) and other portable consumer devices; Roster of executives and directors; Impact of Eric Schmidt's involvement with Geoworks; Major clients; Quote from chief executive officer (CEO) Gordon Mayer.
- Geoworks molds content, services for smart phones. Kalin, Sari // InfoWorld;7/29/96, Vol. 18 Issue 31, p48
Reports that GeoWorks Inc. will package and deliver content and services for smart phones that use its Geos operating system. Formation of wireless content and services division; Availability of the content and services in Europe late in 1996.
- GeoWorks gets patent. Moore, Mark // PC Week;10/11/93, Vol. 10 Issue 40, p138
Announces that the United States Patent Office has granted GeoWorks Inc. the patent for its process of designing user interfaces for software packages.
- Geoworks unveils tool that enables Web access. // RCR;09/29/97, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p24
Reports on the introduction of Geoworks company's Wireless Web Access product. Features of the product; How the product functions; Views of Jonathan Kaplan, vice president, publisher of Wireless Content and Services, Geoworks.
- Geoworks makes gains in Japan. Mason, Charles // America's Network;11/15/98, Vol. 102 Issue 22, p3
Reports that Geoworks Corp.'s operating system has been chosen as foundation for NTT DoCoMo's Dialo smart telephone in Japan. Updated version of the Genio PCV-100 Pocket Communicator device; Features; Positioning to move into an arena with 56 percent of the total Japanese market.
- E-commerce is E-here. Walley // Global Telephony;Dec99/Jan2000, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p4
Comments on the impact of the emergence of electronic commerce in the United States on global telephony. Trend exemplified by the number of merchandisers who advertise their products and services on Web sites; Challenge for telephony operators to keep abreast with technological changes brought...
- Avoid Meaningless Words on Cold Calls. // Broker Magazine;Jun/Jul2002, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p6
Provides tips in choosing clear language during telephone selling. Need to capture the attention of the listeners; Cost-effectiveness of electronic commerce systems; Way to create interest of the listeners.