Holiday Forecast: Retail Sunshine
- Pager market remains a challenge for retailers. Palenchar // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;01/06/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p150
Focuses on challenges faced by pager dealers in year 2000. Stagnation of the one-way paging subscriber base; Planned product releases of pager suppliers at the 2000 International Consumer Electronics Show.
- Paging: Phoenix or Dodo? Holt, Chuck // Wireless Review;01/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p6
Discusses the business status of paging companies in the United States. Views of analysts on the decrease in profit of the companies; Effort made by the companies to penetrate the wireless data market.
- MCI enters prepaid paging aimed at youth. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;01/06/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p161
Focuses on MCI WorldCom's foray into the prepaid paging market. Introduction of an egg-shaped word pager that operates on the SkyTel paging network; Features of the pager; Suggested retail price; Development of tiered airtime rates for its prepaid phone program.
- Stagnating pager industry seeks new uses for device. // Indianapolis Business Journal;09/06/99, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p31
Reports that the pager industry in the United States is seeking new uses for the device. Potential applications and uses; Pager business of Motorola Inc.; SkySpy LLC's and Tech Star Design & Manufacturing Inc.'s development of a auto theft-preventing pager product called SkySpy; Isochron Data...
- Paging industry undergoes makeover. Bruno, Antony // RCR;08/17/98, Vol. 17 Issue 33, p14
Focuses on changes in the paging industry in the United States. Reason carriers are reorganizing their operations and consolidating; Information on restructuring at Arch Communications Group Inc.; Comments from Darryl Sterling, paging analysts at the Yankee Group.
- RCR's top 20 international paging markets. // RCR;12/27/99, Vol. 18 Issue 52, pS23
Presents the top 20 international paging service and beeper markets according to rankings in 1999. Includes China; United States; South Korea; Taiwan; Japan; Brazil.
- Pager users get personal. Humphry, Sara // PC Week;7/01/96, Vol. 13 Issue 26, pN18
Reports on a market study called `The State of the U.S. Paging Industry: 1996,' which predicted that the number of pager users will grow from 34 million at the end of 1995 to 61 million by 2000.
- Pager sales are all the buzz. Daugherty, Cristi // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/18/95, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p17
Focuses on the paging market in New Orleans, Louisiana. Predictions regarding the negative impact of the growing demand for cellular telephone to the paging market; Increase in the number of pager users in New Orleans and throughout the United States; Continuing popularity of pagers in business;...
- Paging industry surge. Sklar, Debbie L. // America's Network;10/01/97, Vol. 101 Issue 19, p62
Reports on the market growth of the paging industry. Comparison of statistics from 1995 to 1996; Result of the study conducted by the Strategis Group regarding customer expansion; Projected number of paging service units by the end 2001.