New Fraud Comes To Light
- Attorney General sets out to push new 'no-call' rules. The Associated Press // Marketing News;10/22/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 22, p12
The article reports that Colorado Attorney General Ken Salazar is urging the state's Public Utilities Commission to make it easier for people to file complaints on telemarketers who fail to obey requests to remove their names from calling lists. Salazar said the commission should not depend...
- Medicaid Fraud-Detection Efforts Start To Pay Off. Barclay, Will A. // Business Journal (Central New York);9/19/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 38, p25
The article reports on the successful efforts to detect Medicaid fraud in New York. It reveals that Onondaga County has recovered $1.8 million in the last seven months after launching Medicaid fraud detection efforts. The New York Office of the Medicaid Inspector General has set a goal for...
- Fraud-control policy not finalized Down Under. Tilley, Kate // Business Insurance;06/11/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 24, p27
No abstract available.
- Databases make fraud fight easier. Esters, Stephanie D. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;6/03/96, Vol. 100 Issue 23, p3
Reports on the development of electronic databases for fraud investigations in the insurance industry. Includes CDB Infotek's; National Insurance Crime Bureau's All-Claims Data Base; IRSC; DSC National Inquiry Systems.
- If it traded on NYSE, it would make the Dow Jones. Zinkewicz, Phil // Insurance Advocate;02/21/98, Vol. 109 Issue 8, p6
Focuses on insurance fraud which is recognized as the second largest white collar crime in the United States just behind the income tax evasion. Estimated annual United States insurance fraud; Barriers in the fight against insurance fraud; Insurance fraud cases for 1997.
- New Strategies To Combat Fake Claims. Ruth, Joao-Pierre S. // Business News New Jersey;08/22/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 34, p18
Reports on insurance fraud prevention measures implemented by insurance companies and state agencies in New Jersey. Inclusion of a lawsuit filed by Allstate New Jersey in an investigation of a suspected fraud ring in Camden County; Cases wherein defendants are accused of staging automobile...
- Phony insurance. Galewitz, Phil // Self;Dec2003, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p72
Provides advice on how to avoid buying a fraudulent insurance plan. Prevalence of fake insurance plans in the U.S.; Marketing strategy for fake insurance; Validation of the insurance plan with a state insurance department; Uncertainty on the plans not questioning pre-existing conditions.
- Fighting Insurance Fraud: The American Way. McAllister, Robert F. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;09/28/98, Vol. 12 Issue 20, p24
Offers advice on how to prevent insurance fraud in the United States. Roots of insurance fraud; Importance of industry-wide advertising campaigns; Motivation for people to engage in fraud when filing for an insurance application.
- Keeping the customer secure. Ostermiller, Marilyn // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Jan1999, Vol. 99 Issue 9, p89
States that insurers may soon be required by regulators to independently verify who they are doing business with electronically under `Know Your Customer' laws that banks and the United States Securities and Exchange Commission follow. Details on the regulation; Need for insurers to protect...