Comdex Show Offers Data News
- Comdex is stage for advances. Moore, Cathleen; Neel, Dan // InfoWorld;11/29/99, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p16
Provides information on the wireless phones and telecommunication systems in the United States launched at the Comdex Computer Show in Las Vegas, Nevada in November 1999. Ericsson's Bluetooth Headset, a cellular ohone headset; Nokia Corporation's wireless access protocol products; 3Com's...
- MMS demos in China. // RCR Wireless News;5/20/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p24
Reports on the demonstration presented by Nokia Corp. and Ericsson AB for multimedia messaging service technology with Chinese mobile operators. Discussion on how Nokia and Ericsson demonstrated the technology; Remarks from SmarTone chief executive Douglas Li.
- news BRIEFS. // RCR;04/10/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p3
Presents news on relevant to wireless communication businesses in the United States for the week of April 10, 2000. Includes the contract given to Adaptive Broadband Corp. to provide AB-Access fixed wireless broadband equipment to Cybertech Wireless; Acquisition of IFX Group plc by Aether...
- High-fliers Take A Dip. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;10/16/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 42, p3
Deals with the projected decline of the global sales of handset wireless communication systems in 2000. Impact of the projected decline on Motorola; Effect of the projected decline on the shares of Nokia and Ericsson; Reasons for the projected decline cited by Motorola executives.
- The phoney war. Gliddon, Joshua // Bulletin with Newsweek;9/3/2002, Vol. 120 Issue 6340, p62
Focuses on the debate between Microsoft Corp. and mobile phone companies over the control of wireless devices in Australia. Promotion of the Symbian operating system by mobile phone companies; Knowledge of Microsoft in Windows systems; Goal of Nokia Corp. and Ericsson company to eliminate...
- Cautious optimism. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;02/05/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 6, p14
Discusses the impact of the economic crisis in the United States (U.S.) on the market growth of the wireless industry. Condition of the U.S. handset market; Reduction on the market share predictions of several companies for 2001; Growth of the European wireless market; Strategies employed by...
- The Games Handsets Play. Swartz, Nikki // Wireless Review;10/1/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p12
Reports on games embedded in cellular radio. Projection on the number of wireless-gaming users by 2006; Features of handsets from Nokia and Ericsson; Role of embedded games.
- Strange bedfellows. Bischoff, Glenn // Telephony;05/07/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 19, p32
Reports on the Wireless Village initiative, joint venture among Nokia, Ericsson and Motorola. Goals of the initiative; Basis for its standards and procedures; Statistical information on the growth rate for handset sales during the first quarter of 2001.
- Aether eyes browser-enabled phones. Bruno, Antony // RCR Wireless News;9/11/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p28
Highlights the plan of Aether Systems Inc. to enter the browser-enabled telephone market through a partnership with AlterEgo, developer of a distributed network of servers.