Spectrum License Issue Hanging Fire
- NextWave-FCC Battle Heats Up. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;04/10/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p3
No abstract available.
- Court says communications law is supreme in NextWave case. // RCR;12/27/99, Vol. 18 Issue 52, p1
Reports on the decision of the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit in the NextWave Personal Communications Inc. case. Basis of the decision indicating that telecommunication law overrides bankruptcy law in licensing grants given by the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- FCC'S Solution: Go To Re-auction. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;01/17/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p1
Talks about the move of the United States Federal Communications Commission to cancel spectrum licenses of NextWave Personal Communications Inc. Action planned by critics of the commission's handling of the NextWave case; Questions about the authority of FCC that remain unresolved for auction...
- NextWave is awarded PCS permits. Wayne, Debra // RCR;1/06/97, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p1
Focuses on the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) award of its C-block licenses to NextWave Personal Communications Incorporation. NextWave's submission of plan of compliance with federal regulations; Perceptions of award as an advantage to the public; Requirements imposed on NextWave...
- Inside The NextWave Mess. Lockwood, Judith // Wireless Week;09/06/99, Vol. 5 Issue 36, p2
Deals with the effort of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to block NextWave Personal Communications Incorporated's debts and regain control of its spectrum licenses. Bankruptcy case of Nextwave Personal Communications; Implication of the provision of FCC to the...
- Spectrum Belongs To No One. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p3
Reports on the lawsuit filed by the United States Federal Communications Commission against NextWave Personal Communications Inc., which involves the company's radio spectrum licenses. How the planned hostile takeover by Nextel Communications triggered the case; Emphasis on the absence of...
- Next For C Block: Appeals Court. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;05/29/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p1
Focuses on the victory of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on a federal appeals court case against NextWave Personal Communications Inc. over licensure cancellations. Statement from the appeals court on the jurisdiction of the bankruptcy court in reviewing FCC...
- Senators Eye C-Block Status. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;02/14/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p1
Reports that the United States White House did not use its executive budget proposal for the return of licenses to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) of NextWave Personal Communications Inc. Effort made by NextWave to get back its licenses; Amount offered by NextWave for its debt to FCC.
- NextWave bankruptcy ruling stands. // RCR;05/31/99, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p6
Announces the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York's denial of the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) request that the court order NextWave to return its licenses to the FCC and allow the commission to keep the company's down payment. FCC's failure to...