Spectrum Statement Offers Clues
- FCC Tweaks 800 MHz Auction. // Wireless Week;10/18/99, Vol. 5 Issue 42, p1
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission will issue smaller channel blocks for small businesses to have a chance in acquiring the lower 800 megahertz band. Reason for the changes in FCC ruling; Bid won by Nextel Communications Inc.
- D.C. debates when to lift spectrum cap. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;11/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p14
Reports on the policy of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on the spectrum limit for wireless communication carriers. Urban spectrum limit suggested by the FCC; Transition period for the lifting of the spectrum limit; Implications of inefficient spectrum allocations.
- Occupation complicates RF exposure. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;4/15/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p18
Reports that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission is expected to issue a notice in Spring 2002 that would enhance policy regarding public exposure to radio-frequency emissions. Remarks from Richard Strickland, director of business development for Narda Safety Test Solutions; Solution to...
- 800 MHz band compromise sought; Nextel's involvement unclear. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;7/8/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p11
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to give the cellular telephone service industry an extension to file reply comments about interference in the 800 MHz. Information on the interference problem; Sector that uses the 800 MHz; Industry associations that are...
- FCC adopts strict hybrid radiofrequency exposure guidelines. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;8/05/96, Vol. 15 Issue 31, p7
Reports on the US Federal Communications Commission's adoption of a hybrid radiofrequency exposure guidelines that may violate a law regarding technical standards used by government agencies. Features of the guidelines; Arguments by the wireless industry against a hybrid approach to...
- Industry demands FCC use RF guides. // RCR;9/9/96, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p1
Reports that the US Federal Communications Commission was hit with major challenges to its new hybrid radio frequency exposure guideline.
- FCC Adopts Order To Clear The 700 MHz Frequency. // FRONT of HOUSE;Feb2010, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on the move of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to adopt the Order and Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking for the 700 megahertz (MHz) frequency band that prohibits further distribution, operation and sale of devices that operate in the frequency band on January...
- Why Comply? Young, Deborah // Wireless Review;07/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p52
Focuses on the radio frequency (RF) compliance deadline set by the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for the wireless service providers. Perception of wireless service providers on the deadline set by FCC; Concerns over issues that can thwart compliance efforts; Actions...
- Spurned carriers want re-auction $$ back. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;1/7/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the demand by the re-auction winners of the spectrum belonging to NextWave Telecom Inc. and Urban Comm-North Carolina Inc. to the United States Federal Communications Commission to return their deposits. Problems faced by the re-auction winners; Influence of Senator Ernest F....