PEOPLE ON THE MOVE
- KEY CHANGES - LEADING INDICATOR. // Chemical Week;6/21/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 15, p32
The article reports on the appointments of executives in the chemical industry including Dominic Yang as business group vice president of electronic materials at Dow Chemical, Bernadette Spinoy as senior vice president of base chemicals and health, safety and environment at Total Petrochemicals...
- I Remember When. Trommer, Charles R. // Textile Chemist & Colorist;Jun93, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p8
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience during his employment with two different chemical industries.
- COMMENTARY. BAKER, JOHN // ICIS Chemical Business;10/3/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 10, Special section p3
The article introduces a section of articles, which relate to interviews with senior industry executives on the European Petrochemical Association (EPCA) board, and analysis of the petrochemical sector.
- Jobs and People. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/1/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 19, p38
Presents information on executives from U.S. chemical companies recent as of December 1, 2003. Appointment of George Stolakis as vice president and general manager of Adhesives Research Inc.; Promotion of Lorenzo Tallarigo as president of international operations of Eli Lilly & Co.; Hiring of...
- Labor pains. Milmo, Sean // ICIS Chemical Business;3/3/2008, Vol. 273 Issue 9, p22
The article focuses on the declining number of employees in the chemical industry. Employment levels in the chemical industries of North America and Europe continue to decline as companies strive for higher productivity. The drive for higher productivity has begun to affect white-collar...
- Whats On. Creswell, Sarah // ICIS Chemical Business;3/2/2015, Issue 3225, p31
A calendar of events for chemical professionals for 2015 is presented which includes the 10th ICIS World Olefins Conference on March 11 in Brussels, Belgium, the Third ICIS Indian Base Oils & Lubricants Conference on April 20-22 in Mumbai, India, and the seminar "Petrochemicals I: An In-Depth...
- Haldor TopsÃ¸e (1913-2013): A tribute. Aplerowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;5/27/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 15, p32
An obituary is offered for Danish chemical engineer and chemical industry executive Haldor TopsÃ¸e.
- Union Safety Initiative Survives a Big Test. Schmitt, Bill // Chemical Week;7/3/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 27, p59
Reports on the Triangle of Prevention, a worker safety initiative sponsored by the Paper, Allied-Industrial, Chemical and Energy International Union (PACE). Success of the initiative during the explosion of the chemical plant of Atofina; Settlement agreement entered by Atofina; Remarks of PACE...
- PEOPLE NEWS. // European Rubber Journal;Sep/Oct2013, Vol. 195 Issue 5, p18
The article announces executive appointments in the rubber and chemical industries as of September 2013 including Pontus Stenberg as director of Nokian's commercial tires unit, Cenk Alper as chief executive officer of Kordsa Global, and Paul Edwards as managing director of James Dawson and Son Ltd.