Don't let the bedbugs bite
- Bug busters. Coghlan, Andy // New Scientist;04/08/2000, Vol. 166 Issue 2233, p15
Reports on the discovery of possible natural weapons against superbugs prowling hospital wards all over the world. Isolated fungal extracts called guanacastapenes found in Costa Rica; Engineered antibiotic in frog skin.
- BASF launches Advance termite bait promotion. // Pest Management Professional;Apr2011, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p16
The article reports on the launch of BASF Pest Control Solutions by BASF SE.
- Ask the Expert. // Pest Control;Nov2004, Vol. 72 Issue 11, p56
Presents a question and answer advisory related to the pest control industry. Inquiry about the custody battle that results over pest monitoring devices; Question about fumigation of a warehouse that became infested with Indianmeal moths; Probe on the effectivity of killing bed bugs in a black...
- KEYS TO ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY PEST MANAGEMENT. Harrison, Ron // Lodging Hospitality;4/1/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p26
The article provides information on the best integrated pest management (IPM) programs having less risk to the environment and human health in the U.S. The author states that fly lights must be installed near to the shipping, food preparation and waste disposal areas to trap the pests before...
- Green is good: Environmentally sound pest control. Copps, Patrick T. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Mar2007, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p70
The article offers information on several environmentally-friendly pest control techniques suitable for nursing homes. Sticky boards can trap unwanted crawling or flying pests, aiding in their ultimate removal, and help monitor pest activity in the facility. Other pest-control devices cited...
- The most versatile tool in the kit. // Pest Management Professional;Mar2013, Vol. 81 Issue 3, pBG25
The article focuses on the use of Bird Barrier's Dura-Spike by pest management professionals (PMPs) for pest bird problems. It says that the said bird spikes can be used in different ways, wherein it can make the PMPs' jobs much easier. It tackles the two jobs done by PMPs, such as one on the...
- Preservation Masterpiece. // Environmental Health Perspectives;Oct2004, Vol. 112 Issue 14, pA 805
This article discusses a new method developed by scientists to protect museum artifacts against insects and mold. This new method, first developed by researchers at the United States national space agency--National Aeronautics & Space Administration, uses commercially available oxygen absorbers...
- Take care. Robinson, William H. // Pest Management Professional;Mar2014, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p88
The article discusses the sprayer cleaning and maintenance in pest control. It is said that knowing the basic aspects of one's sprayer can help prevent problems and save his/her money. A typical sprayer comes in a box, and one needs to connect one end of the hose to the valve and the other end...
- solutions showcase. // Pest Management Professional;Apr2011, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p60
The article offers information on several pest control products including the SmartSolution for Ants from BASF SE, Maxforce Complete Brand Granular Insect Bait from Bayer AG and Onslaught insecticide from MGK Bedryfsmaatskappy Pty Pltd.