10 YEARS AGO
- The whole world is watching. Maginnis, John // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);09/22/97, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p19
Opinion. Comments on the decision of the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA), to build a giant polyvinyl chloride plant, in Saint James Parish, Louisiana. Who the plant will be constructed by; Possibility that the final outcome could affect business in the area; Reaction to the location of...
- Pakistan's first PVC plant gets under way. // Chemical Business;Oct98, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p69
Reports on the start of construction in a polyvinyl chloride plant in Pakistan.
- Lantai plans PVC in Mongolia. // Chemical Market Reporter;4/11/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 15, p12
Reports on Lantai Group's plan to produce 400,000 metric tons per year of calcium carbide-based polyvinyl chloride in the Wusitai Development Zone in Inner Mongolia, China. Cost of the program; Chemical plants to be built as part of the program; Company's intention to start work on the project's...
- PVC in the Doldrums. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;1/31/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 4, p23
The article reports on the market performance of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) producers in the U.S. Domestic PVC demand dropped 3.4% last year. Operating rates could increase from 76% in the fourth quarter, to around 85% this quarter, as demand improves. Operating rates at converters' plants are...
- Petronas Chemicals sells Vietnam PVC assets. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Dec2013/Jan2014, Issue 870/871, p22
The article reports on the sale by chemicals producer Petronas Chemicals of its polyvinyl chloride (PVC) assets in Vietnam to manufacturing company Asahi Glass and automobile company Mitsubishi.
- Solvay Rolls Out PVC Technology. Scott, Alex // Chemical Week;3/6/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 10, p31
Reports that Solvay has opened plant to recycle soft polyvinyl chloride resin at Ferrara, Italy. Value of the plant; Technology used in the plant; Component of the feedstock stream for the plant; Companies that will be operating the plant.
- Akcros Installs PVC Testing Equipment. Schmitt, Bill // Chemical Week;5/29/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 22, p31
Reports that Akzo Nobel has installed equipment at its plant in Great Britain that will help in polyvinyl chloride additive product development. Functions of the equipment; Components of the equipment.
- Shintec picks PVC plant site. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/28/96, Vol. 250 Issue 18, p3
Informs that Houston, Texas-based Shintech Inc. has chosen St. James Parish, Louisiana as construction site for its chemical facility that will manufacture polyvinyl chloride and its basic intermediates. Production capacity; Estimate construction cost.
- Shintech plant controversy grows. // Chemical Market Reporter;08/18/97, Vol. 252 Issue 7, p3
Focuses on developments related to the controversy over whether Shintech Inc. should build a plant in Saint James Parish, Louisiana to produce polyvinyl chloride and its precursors. Pending decision by the US Environmental Protection Agency regarding the proposed plant; Opposition from several...