- About Polyurethane. Dormish, Jeffrey F. // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;Apr2013, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p10
The article provides an answer to a question regarding the overview of polyurethanes which used for coatings applications and its potential in polyurethane-coated textile applications.
- Two-Component, Waterborne Polyurethane Coatings: Now and Into the Next Century. Jacobs, Patricia; Best, Kurt; Dvorchak, Michael; Shaffer, Myron; Wayt, Terry; Yu, Poll // Paint & Coatings Industry;Oct98, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p116
Focuses on the trends in two-component waterborne polyurethane coatings manufacturing. Description of the applications of two-component waterborne polyurethane coatings; Reaction mechanisms involved in polyurethane coatings production; Comparison of chemistry in two component waterborne and...
- Polyester Polyols for Water-Resistant Polyurethane Coatings. Honcoop, Erwin; Appelman, Eric // Paint & Coatings Industry;Jun2003, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p58
Polyurethanes provide an obvious route to very high performing coatings, and have long been used in solventborne systems. Polyurethanes can be made waterborne, and have been used successfully as such or in acrylic-urethane hybrids. The hydrolytic sensitivity of the commonly used adipate...
- Resin advancements help spur VOC reductions, improve properties in polyurethane maintenance... Luthra, Sanjay; Roesler, Richard R. // Paint & Coatings Industry;May94, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p44
Reports on research and development efforts for polyurethane maintenance coatings that focus on reducing volatile organic compound (VOC) emission levels and providing cost-effective corrosion protection. Advantage to the use of three-coat polyurethane systems; Includes developments on...
- Choices that help meet challenges. Cullen, Nicholas T. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Dec95, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p30
Discusses the performance versatility of polyurethane coatings. Capability to be tailored to provide any degree of flexibility, gloss and a wide range of other desired properties; Additives; Isocyanate component; Isophorone diisocyanate.
- Polyurethanes offer a long-lasting alternative. Frary // Paint & Coatings Industry;Sep99, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p84
Expounds on the characteristics of polyurethanes. Durability of the material; Applications in coatings; Energy saving qualities of rigid polyurethane foam used in buildings; Thermal and electronic applications.
- Tailor-Made Polyurethane Powders for High-Quality Coatings. Thometzek, Dr. P.; Freudenberg, Dr. U.; Grahl, M. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Jun2000, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p54
Discusses the advantages of using emission-free powder coatings. Polyurethane (PU) for coatings; Features of uretdione hardeners; Examples of applications for PU powder coatings; High-gloss pigmented coatings; Leveling and gloss of PU transparent powder coatings; Formulation of powder coatings...
- About Polyurethane. Dormish, Jeffrey F. // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;May2013, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p14
The article provides an answer to a question of how to achieve the high performance of a two-component polyurethane coating through formulations.
- Polyurethanes--coatings for the present and future. Drukenbrod, Mark // Paint & Coatings Industry;Oct93, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p26
Recommends polyurethane for reciprocating parts, floor coatings and marine applications. Formulations; Types of coatings; Chemical reaction; Component systems; Versatility; Aromatic and aliphatic categories of isocyanates to make a coating; Advantages.